Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By gundoc
  • 1 Post By birch

Thread: Mrs is heading to europe

Mrs is heading to europe

Gday

My partner is heading to europe, most time spent in the Netherlands for 3 weeks. Contemplating picking up some Swaro binos/scopes. Any recommendations for stores to visit or order from? I understand there may be forms to fill out if we're to bring back a scope.

Cheers

Go online to Waffen Frankonia, Kettner, etc and you will see that such things are as expensive, if not more expensive than in NZ. Finding gun stores with a good range of optices in the Netherlands may be difficult given the lack of hunting done there. Hunters in Europe are fairly well heeled and can afford the high prices, unlike NZ where hunting is a sport for everyone who wishes to take part.
    jackson21, hotsoup and birch like this.

as said by gundoc above, i just got back from germany a month ago, also thinking of bying things in a county they are made and getting them cheaper... man was i wrong, even it you do get them cheaper if you have to pay a tax when you bring them back- i think its for things over $400- then if you have an issue you have brought something on the other side of the world. better off shopping local
    hotsoup likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoup View Post
    Gday

My partner is heading to europe, most time spent in the Netherlands for 3 weeks. Contemplating picking up some Swaro binos/scopes. Any recommendations for stores to visit or order from? I understand there may be forms to fill out if we're to bring back a scope.

Cheers
    Have a look at this site:

Welcome to Optics-World.nl, The only webshop with all gun scopes!

Boots are worthwhile if you need them (and know your size). Last time I was over there I picked up some Island pros for around $360....