Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: New Maxtoch Torch

AB Precision
    What about one of these?
    A @crnkin

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Those multi LED torches are a bit of a have running off 1 or 2 batteries as the real limiting factor is heat dissipation and battery life so you don't really get much advantage over running a single emitter. Then you also get a really wide beam and not as tight a spot. Although saying that I have run a multi LED light on my bike torch and was quite effective for that purpose

+1

Great fun lights but not ideal hunters.

550kcd, close to 5000 lumens, spot the same size as domed sn6x-2x, with three times the spill. If you use the same measurements as above, you can spot a deer body to 1483 metres.

Runs off 3 batteries, 3 leds running at 4.5 amps x 3.7 volts is only 13.5 watts each, all on copper with hundreds of grams of heat sinking.

It runs cooler than any maxtoch ever will, but run time is only 45 minutes. Batteries weigh 50 grams each.

Just one example of the 50 odd modified torches I have on my workbench not being used, so lent it to Abe for a test. Parts cost about $300.

For whoever was tripping about xml speak:

XML2 is 2mmx2mm
    XPG2 is 1.4mmx1.4mm
    XPE2 is 1mmx1mm

Your spot size will change by exactly the same size as the die, as will your lumens, but your lux reading (surface brightness) will go up (generally).

The ideal light is different for everyone.

Chris

My M24 just arrived! Initial impressions are WOW... good quality, dual O rings on the rear cap plus a spare rear cap switch. Even the pouch it comes in is substantial and well made. Cant wait to test it out on some possums!...sigh!, once the torn miniscus in my right knee heals up in the interim it looks like the neighbours cats are in for a nasty surprise tonight
    mudgripz and gadgetman like this.

SiB
    I've just ordered one of the M24s too. Then I suppose I'll be re reading the defining instructions or sending it to you @gadgetman!

SiB
    De doming. No thanks to auto correst

@gadgetman are they out of stock or not making any more ? Sorry, this item is no longer available! that's all it says on the site
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    @gadgetman are they out of stock or not making any more ? Sorry, this item is no longer available! that's all it says on the site
    Still advertising on AliExpress.

MAXTOCH Sniper M24S, Improved version of Sniper, Gun Grey Anodization, Hidden Strobe, AR Lens, Copper LED Base, Hunting Torch-in LED Flashlights from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Actually it looks like they've made a couple of changes and is now the M24S and grey anodizing.

Edit: Apparently they have been cleaned out of available stock of the black by someone.
    Last edited by gadgetman; 12-06-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Actually it looks like they've made a couple of changes and is now the M24S and grey anodizing.

Edit: Apparently they have been cleaned out of available stock of the black by someone.
    Ah ha that's why it said none. Cheers just ordered Grey one of those. 1300 Lumens same or 100 better ?
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Ah ha that's why it said none. Cheers just ordered Grey one of those. 1300 Lumens same or 100 better ?
    They have made a couple of mods and upped the output slightly. Will have the black back in stock in a couple of weeks.

NRT
    ordered the grey one in the weekend as well as charger and batterys ,cant wait couple of swede paddocks I know of getting nailed at the moment

@gadgetman or anyone else,
    Are there any compatible remote pressure on/off switches on a curly cord, for use when mounting the new Maxtoch on a rifle?
    The one that I ordered with my older SN series torch ended up being unsuitable. Please post a link if there is such a beastie for the 1200 lumen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    @gadgetman or anyone else,
    Are there any compatible remote pressure on/off switches on a curly cord, for use when mounting the new Maxtoch on a rifle?
    The one that I ordered with my older SN series torch ended up being unsuitable. Please post a link if there is such a beastie for the 1200 lumen one.
    There is one coming out very shortly.