Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Noise canceling headphones

res
    I fly a lot and have done for a number of years,I also work in cafes etc. I love my bose qc25's

Someone above said to just turn the volume up to drown out outside noise-a very silly idea if you value your ears and would kill any supossed better sound of other headphones-my bose qc sound just as good to ME as boses top of the line non qc ones. I often use them with no music just to cut out the world and they are fantastic for phone calls-to the point that if im going to make an important call ill put them on even if im somewhere quiet.
    Using Tapatalk

res
    just looked at them and I actually have qc15 not qc25
    Using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of Sennheiser PXC 450s
    I got them in the US when I used to travel for work every few weeks
    I trialled bose and sony ones too and these were way better in my opinion. larger cups that fit around your ear and seemed to be quieter than the other two.

I would highly recommend them

Fulla
    How can I connect these to a car radio?
    Sounds silly, but I'm in a tractor off road so it's ok. It's not a Bluetooth stereo but is there still a way?
    It's not all that loud in the cab but I do wear earmuffs, I was going to do away with them and go for the headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    How can I connect these to a car radio?
    Sounds silly, but I'm in a tractor off road so it's ok. It's not a Bluetooth stereo but is there still a way?
    It's not all that loud in the cab but I do wear earmuffs, I was going to do away with them and go for the headphones.
    what do u mean "these"? i could try help you, but dont know what im working with
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Fulla
    Wireless headphones. Bluetooth headphones I guess.

Wireless headphones. Bluetooth headphones I guess.
    And you want to connect these to a stereo system that does not have bluetooth capabilities? if so, im afraid youre out of luck mate, wont happen

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJanitar View Post
    And you want to connect these to a stereo system that does not have bluetooth capabilities? if so, im afraid youre out of luck mate, wont happen
    I thought I may be able to get some kind of transmitter or receiver there's a few on the net but I'm not sure which one to get or if it will work.
    Might be easier to change to a Bluetooth head unit. I'm just unsure as most Bluetooth seems to receive from the likes of a phone, not transmit to headphones. Most people probably wouldn't use headphones with a car radio.

I thought I may be able to get some kind of transmitter or receiver there's a few on the net but I'm not sure which one to get or if it will work.
    Might be easier to change to a Bluetooth head unit. I'm just unsure as most Bluetooth seems to receive from the likes of a phone, not transmit to headphones. Most people probably wouldn't use headphones with a car radio.
    Nope, most would just connect the bluetooth buds with their phone and listen to music/radio on there pretty sure u wont be able to transmit from even a bluetooth headunit to earphones, as a headunit is meant to receive the bluetooth info from something like a phone, not transmit it. You can always get normal earphones with the standard 3.5 mm plug, and plug it into the aux on the headunit
    bully likes this.

Fulla

Fulla
    A bit of a look online says I'd use 1gb per day using my phone, that's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJanitar View Post
    Nope, most would just connect the bluetooth buds with their phone and listen to music/radio on there pretty sure u wont be able to transmit from even a bluetooth headunit to earphones, as a headunit is meant to receive the bluetooth info from something like a phone, not transmit it. You can always get normal earphones with the standard 3.5 mm plug, and plug it into the aux on the headunit
    The Aux on a head unit is an input, not a headphone outlet.

The best option would be to load music on your phone and pair the headphones with the phone and probably hook the phone to a USB port for power.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!