Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Range finder- what's everyone using and why?

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a rangefinder too. Probably can't justify quality combo binocular unit. I'd seriously consider the Sig Sauer kilo2000 though.
    dear to dream, but i am on the save for the bushnell fusion 1 tried a pair and couldn't fault them.
    gadgetman and blake like this.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    dear to dream, but i am on the save for the bushnell fusion 1 tried a pair and couldn't fault them.
    I got the Bushnell Fusion 12x50's love them to bits such a step up from my old no name 8x40s am spotting targets I would never have seen before.

They range well even through glass (like out the lounge window) which my stand alone el cheapo range finder couldn't do.

The best range I've had so far was on trees at 1668 metres.

Got real handy modes

1 to ignore targets in the fore ground to range the pesky critter the other side of trees/scrub
    2 to ignore targets in the back ground to range on the small critter in front of trees/scrub

The only cons are if you're going to use them on long walks they are heavy suckers mine weigh in at 1.1 kg. and once you've got the the flip up covers on you can't close the bag they come with very well.

Top Member Remington 5R .300 Win Mag's Avatar
    Obviously A Different Planet To The One You Bastards Are On!
    Just put the battery in the Sig Sauer kilo2000 and had a play. Pretty impressed.

An OK photo of the view.

Ranged this tree from a little further back at 2003 yards but was getting difficult to hold steady.

Photos a bit tricky holding the phone camera lens behind the ocular of the rangefinder.
    Geeze that's bloody good, clear photography. There's no technology I've got (or know exists) that can photograph/video down the barrel of any of my optics like that with any amount of camera, cellphone camera, video camera etc... if only!

Kudos to you my friend.
    "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"!

Quote Originally Posted by Remington 5R .300 Win Mag View Post
    Geeze that's bloody good, clear photography. There's no technology I've got (or know exists) that can photograph/video down the barrel of any of my optics like that with any amount of camera, cellphone camera, video camera etc... if only!

Kudos to you my friend.
    It is just a $150 Samsung cell phone held up against the eye cup of the range finder.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Top Member Remington 5R .300 Win Mag's Avatar
    Obviously A Different Planet To The One You Bastards Are On!
    It is just a $150 Samsung cell phone held up against the eye cup of the range finder.
    Ha, I thought as much. I was trying to hold my wife's $1,300.00 Apple I5 to it, and couldn't see a damn thing. It must be all in the way you hold your tongue?
    gadgetman likes this.
    "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"!