Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: refill your disposable canisters

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I flip mine when filling... The idea from what I understand is to have more of the 'liquid' rather than 'gas' enter the disposable canister, well makes sense to me. Don't want to over pressurize the canister by pumping it full of 'gas'.
    You're onto it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Also need to shake the small canisters a bit when it's cold. One bull sale we had to keep shaking the 9kg bottle to run the bbq
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I flip mine when filling... The idea from what I understand is to have more of the 'liquid' rather than 'gas' enter the disposable canister, well makes sense to me. Don't want to over pressurize the canister by pumping it full of 'gas'.
    Corect me if I'm wrong, but I thought it's only liquid because it's under pressure ??
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Corect me if I'm wrong, but I thought it's only liquid because it's under pressure ??
    Yes, but there is a certain amount in the gas form sitting on top. You dont want to transfer in in gas form as that requires energy change to convert to gas in the donor cylinder and another energy change to convert back to liquid in the other can. This usually shows up as icing which can freeze the tap open.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

res
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Yes, but there is a certain amount in the gas form sitting on top. You dont want to transfer in in gas form as that requires energy change to convert to gas in the donor cylinder and another energy change to convert back to liquid in the other can. This usually shows up as icing which can freeze the tap open.
    I know what your saying, I was just being pedantic about his reasoning.

Wtf are you doing up and of the net??
    Early to bed and early to rise was the mantra of your profession I thought-and with the wee ones....
    Using Tapatalk

Early to bed and early to rise was the mantra of your profession I thought-and with the wee ones....
    No, in my line I often work through the night because it's quiet and systems are not in use. Longest stretch was Monday to Friday with one hours sleep. The wee-est one is 14; I'm tooo young to have a youngest 14!

res
    No, in my line I often work through the night because it's quiet and systems are not in use. Longest stretch was Monday to Friday with one hours sleep. The wee-est one is 14; I'm tooo young to have a youngest 14!
    Sorry, must have got mixed up-I though you were a farming man with kids in nappys!
    Using Tapatalk

Anyone know where I can buy 110g gas cannisters in Chch? Didn't know they existed till a few hours ago.

Sorry, must have got mixed up-I though you were a farming man with kids in nappys!
    I should be with the first part. I'm in IT.

res
    I should be with the first part. I'm in IT.
    That explains the hours!

But these days saying it is a bit like saying engineer-doesn't tell anyone what you actually do!
    mikee and Toby like this.
    Using Tapatalk

That explains the hours!

But these days saying it is a bit like saying engineer-doesn't tell anyone what you actually do!
    Funny you should say that. I'm more qualified as an engineer than for IT.

Anyone know where I can buy 110g gas cannisters in Chch? Didn't know they existed till a few hours ago.
    Do you want the jet boil ones (100gr)? , Do you want them for filling as I got a coulple here that have only a 1/4 gas in them . You can have .Tower Junction your best bet , I'm pretty sure Macpac do . If its not them the other 5 outdoor shops will.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Thanks Munsey, I'll be heading over that direction later so will have a looksie.

Its worked for me many times. If you a bit of research on the internet you will find that this is the way that most if not all do it.

Think about how you refill a 'refilable lighter', you plug in the nozle then flip up-side down and press to enable the transfer of liquid. Same principal here.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

We have the same problem here GM. Shops only stock the 230g which don't fit inside the billy like the 110g
    Luckily another forum member found a supply of the small ones in 09 land. Cheers Doubleshot
    gadgetman likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1