Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: refill your disposable canisters

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Anyone especially counted boils per can or gms per boil?

DAF

refill your disposable canisters

The Jet Boil is awesome, been using mine for years, always got heaps of use out of each gas can, last 4 day trip used 1 part can and a full with 2 of us using it flat out, using it not just to boil but it also heat fry pan
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Is it worth the hassle for saving $8? For 30x + boils on a Jetboil for example?
    I mean the pie you buy on the way to you hunting spot is worth twice what your cooking gas costs are. LOL
    Tight arses!!
    I'm happy with the title of tight arse. Means I'm happy for the kids or others to borrow gear. A 9kg cylinder at $25 works out around 82 fills or 32 cents a fill for the little cans.
    veitnamcam and Tommy like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I still can't get mine to seal into the cylinder, despite filing off the thread identical to Vietnamcam's photo, may be my bottles are slightly different. The fitting seems to thread all the way in, just doesn't seal without the rubber o-ring, although the plunger should seal against the seal inside the cylinder valve

put up a picture of the valve end you did the mickey duck on

Here are the 2 that I have done, first one i started from the front and took off 1/2 thread at a time hoping it would eventually seal, 2nd one is similar to what Vietnamcam has done and taken thread off the back, neither one seals

Name:  WP_20151001_13_53_19_Pro__highres.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  993.4 KB

Hard to tell from the angle of the photo. I completely removed the thread by probably three to four turns from the pointy end. Your trying to get the brass section further in by the thread starting to screw on further up the silver section.

I only have just 3 full threads at the front most of it is only two threads.
    Mine winds in 5.5 turns, if yours is only winding in a couple then it is binding on the threads and you need to grind more off.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Sorted it by slicing the rubber seal that came on it in half and using the front tapered half, still can't figure out why the fitting was locking into the cylinder fine and engaging the gas valve but wasn't enough to seal against the cylinders rubber seal, maybe the cylinders valve is too small
    johnino likes this.

I took about 3/4 of the threads off, just about 2 threads left as VC did, turned mine in the Lathe, filed off two of the 'finger' castelations (word?) to get it into the 3-jaw chuck......works like a dream!!!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Hi guys, i received a couple of PMs asking me to machine their 'thingy-mabobs'....but due to the risk of injury if 'something' goes wrong and the investigation afterwards, i have had to decline...

this is how i 'Rangied' mine.....YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK....

First, filed off two of the 'finger holds' in the '4-O'clock position.....mine was made of plastic....

Then held it in a 3-jaw chuck in the lathe and took all but approx 3 threads off.....start here and take gradual cuts (.5 mm) untill it screws right into your BBQ bottle....DONT trim the rubber bung....

Sweet as....
    gadgetman and BRADS like this.

Well it's clear from the images that we're not all receiving the identical looking units, therefore a bit of variation will apply in what to do. Not rocket science though, unless you f*%k it up and launch yourself into space
    veitnamcam, Scouser and birch like this.

Yea mine looks nothin like that.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yea mine looks nothin like that.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Fuk, they must have sold out of the 'good ones' and had to make a quick batch of plastic tikka ones......

Hi guys, i asked my mate who had an old BBQ in his back garden rusting away, could i have the 'rubber bung' off the end of the nozzle......he gave me the whole hose.....i then had a brainwave (uncommon for me)

and i took the brass threaded ferule (kiwi thread) of this hose and fitted it on the yankee one!!!!!!....the nut was really tight (loctite) but i managed to take it off without rounding the hex on the nut....hey presto!!!!!!

@seano