Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree4621Likes

Thread: Show me your knives

I like the middle one too, never been a big fan of lots of finger grooves, although I suppose it makes for a better grip, as for Elmax, the blade I have has a stonewash finish, sort of cheating as to polish, but the edge was a little rough in places and you could see grind lines, starting to get a mirror finish now but takes a long time on the ceramics and still have a few places where the find lines are obvious, steel is very tough though!

Time for a bit of maintenance. . . .

Name:  20150125_154044.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  900.1 KB
    Muzzleloaders have big balls

I got a Svord Mini Peasant awhile ago , I still don't know what came over me that day , and even though I wasn't expecting much I'm surprisingly enthusiastic about it .
    I've never been one for bright coloured handle scales on any of my knives , but this orange one has changed my mind especially for my work knife , when you put it down you can find it again .
    Also because of the industry I'm in Safety Orange is everywhere and this little knife fits right in and no one asks any questions , maybe they think is a work issue tool ?
    The age old problem of how to carry a Friction Folder soon showed itself , so I made a horizontal belt sheath for it with Rough Out leather to take the hard knocks .

Ken
    Shelley likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

They are good little blades that can take a wicked edge with a little work Ground Control, and are dirt cheap to replace if you lose it too, mind you with that sheath it should stay secure!

Ok, I have few knives but not as many as some........... Here are a couple. The orange handle with brown sheath is actually for sale. knife made by John Worthington. PM me for details (If it don't sell it will end up in my kit.), The Red sheathed knife is one of my working knives also made by John and the orange handle and black sheath is a test knife from John Worthington. I also have a Steve Wheeler that i got off Kiwigreg that i have re-sheathed, Will post some pics later.

Enjoy
    Name:  P1030920 (Copy).JPG
Views: 994
Size:  84.7 KBName:  P1040362 (Copy).JPG
Views: 1008
Size:  83.3 KBName:  P1040367 (Copy).JPG
Views: 984
Size:  83.1 KB
    Bryan and BRADS like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    Ok, I have few knives but not as many as some........... Here are a couple. The orange handle with brown sheath is actually for sale. knife made by John Worthington. PM me for details (If it don't sell it will end up in my kit.), The Red sheathed knife is one of my working knives also made by John and the orange handle and black sheath is a test knife from John Worthington. I also have a Steve Wheeler that i got off Kiwigreg that i have re-sheathed, Will post some pics later.

Enjoy
    Attachment 34187Attachment 34188Attachment 34189
    Nice. Am I giving the Elmax test knife a spin?
    Cheers
    B
    HNTMAD likes this.

I haven't visited here in ages and was surprised to see that no one has posted here in ages , so here are my current knives I'm carrying every day .

Dragonfly 2 ZDP 189 steel - this little knife is a " Pocket Rocket " it has become my favorite EDC .

Delica Titanium Damascus - Beautiful knife , but I've ordered a Delica with ZDP 189 steel and hopefully will be able to swap the blades , the Dragonfly has convinced me about how good the ZDP steel is .

Ken

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    I haven't visited here in ages and was surprised to see that no one has posted here in ages , so here are my current knives I'm carrying every day .

Dragonfly 2 ZDP 189 steel - this little knife is a " Pocket Rocket " it has become my favorite EDC .

Delica Titanium Damascus - Beautiful knife , but I've ordered a Delica with ZDP 189 steel and hopefully will be able to swap the blades , the Dragonfly has convinced me about how good the ZDP steel is .

Ken
    I have the Stretch in ZDP-189 (with British Racing green handles like your Dragonfly 2). Neat steel, hard to sharpen though.

Anotherhunter made this for me. It's some fancy steel I've done 2 pigs and 2 deer with it and only needed a few strops on my belt to cut a sheet of paper again

Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I have the Stretch in ZDP-189 (with British Racing green handles like your Dragonfly 2). Neat steel, hard to sharpen though.
    So far I've only had to give it a fraction of a touch up on my Sharpmaker , I haven't had to redo the bevels , but will probably get some Diamond rods in the future .

Ken

PS - I'm tempted to get the Stretch as well as the Endura .

Show me your knives

That's orange knife is nice knife. Shit, I love nice knives.
    kiwijames likes this.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Anotherhunter made this for me. It's some fancy steel I've done 2 pigs and 2 deer with it and only needed a few strops on my belt to cut a sheet of paper again

M390 steel, Brian.

Here's a pic of two knives of mine. Orange handles a Svord farmers model not quite a year old n white one is a cut down skinning knife from a freezing works. White knife has a bit of history with me as I was given it by a shepherd on a property that my dad was managing when I was six or seven. It sat in my clothes drawer for years as at that time I had a preference for straight bladed knives. Years later I was working on the same property and another shepherd lost his knife and I have him that one. He ground it down then lost it after about six/eight months and I found it. I stashed it between the window and dash of the tractor I was using at the time. After about six months I then lost my black handled knife in Pureora n needed a knife so grabbed this one. Funnily enough I found the one I lost about eight months later so white knife got retired again......until I lost black handle forever so white knife ended up being my mainstay for a few years until I decided I finally wanted a Svord which should see me out. The sheaths I always get made for me as anything store bought doesn't suit my requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JRW87 likes this.

The Svords may not be the best blades on the planet, but with a little love they become damn fine and you get a lot of bang for buck.
    Good score and good story too.

Just a cheap chinese knife , made by Enlan company in China , its not bad , has a frame lock & G10 handle .

Model is EL-08