Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Solar charges for devices

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Heath, did you sort out a system for charging AA and AAA yet?

I have finally found a neat little 2 bay charger that can do ni-mh AA and AAA as well as li-ion 18650's. And it runs off 5v so can be powered by my li-ion battery bank or fold out 5v 20w solar panel.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Hi @GHW what was the charger you found ?
    Im wanting exactly that for AAs, AAAs and 18650s in the bush.
    There are also AA and AAA li-ion batteries becoming available now also that it might also be suitable for ?

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    There are also AA and AAA li-ion batteries becoming available now also that it might also be suitable for ?
    I'll post it up shortly

GWH
    @akaroa1 @Kooza

This is the 5V charger i have that can charge both li-ion 18650 as well as ni-mh AA and AAA batteries. It has a micro usb input for the 5V in and a full sized usb output, so it can be used as a powerbank too (but according to the Lygte review, it works well as a charger, but not so well as a powerbank)

https://www.banggood.com/Liitokala-l...l?rmmds=search

I have one of these li-ion powerbanks that it will charge off.

https://www.banggood.com/Qualcomm-Ce...l?rmmds=search

I also have one of these 5V 20W folding solar panels, that can power up the battery charger directly, or via the powerbank, so that the panel chargers the powerbank, and the powerbank is also connected to the battery charger at same time, and charge flows all the way through.

https://www.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-2...l?rmmds=search

Obviously if you are only in the bush for shorter trips, its just far easier to take spare AA, AAA or 18650 batteries with you instead of all the kit to charge them, but if you were in the bush for a while, trapping, culling, whatever its handy to be able to charge your batteries.

I run 5V camp/hut lights off the Li-ion powerbank as well, so the panel is great for keeping that topped up if bush for more than a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    @akaroa1 @Kooza

This is the 5V charger i have that can charge both li-ion 18650 as well as ni-mh AA and AAA batteries. It has a micro usb input for the 5V in and a full sized usb output, so it can be used as a powerbank too (but according to the Lygte review, it works well as a charger, but not so well as a powerbank)

https://www.banggood.com/Liitokala-l...l?rmmds=search

I have one of these li-ion powerbanks that it will charge off.

https://www.banggood.com/Qualcomm-Ce...l?rmmds=search

I also have one of these 5V 20W folding solar panels, that can power up the battery charger directly, or via the powerbank, so that the panel chargers the powerbank, and the powerbank is also connected to the battery charger at same time, and charge flows all the way through.

https://www.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-2...l?rmmds=search

Obviously if you are only in the bush for shorter trips, its just far easier to take spare AA, AAA or 18650 batteries with you instead of all the kit to charge them, but if you were in the bush for a while, trapping, culling, whatever its handy to be able to charge your batteries.

I run 5V camp/hut lights off the Li-ion powerbank as well, so the panel is great for keeping that topped up if bush for more than a couple of days.
    Thanks for that info @GWH
    That's pretty well covered all the parts I'm wanting to spend extended periods in the bush and keep battery storage up for maxtoch torch and a new 18650 headlight.
    With the option of a small usb led touch light for in in my hut or a tent.
    When I was away in the hut a couple of weeks ago the sound of the gas light hissing away the whole time rather spoiled the mood of solitude.

cheers

GWH
    Thanks for that info @GWH
    That's pretty well covered all the parts I'm wanting to spend extended periods in the bush and keep battery storage up for maxtoch torch and a new 18650 headlight.
    With the option of a small usb led touch light for in in my hut or a tent.
    When I was away in the hut a couple of weeks ago the sound of the gas light hissing away the whole time rather spoiled the mood of solitude.

cheers
    Have a look at the luminoodle led rope lights mate. Usb powered, fairly economical on power usage.

I love them. When doing overnight walk in hunts I take one along with a 18650 battery in a Nitecore F1 and run the light with that.

Very low weight and compact as.