Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Someone to fix my Boot?

ryan- spoke to my son -he recommends a guy by the name of derek in rangiora whose being doing these repairs foryears.in terms of repair it'd bee a simple case of a string adhesive to reglue bothproblem areas.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    ryan- spoke to my son -he recommends a guy by the name of derek in rangiora whose being doing these repairs foryears.in terms of repair it'd bee a simple case of a string adhesive to reglue bothproblem areas.
    Thanks @kotuku, any idea how to contact this bloke? in all honesty it probably is an easy repair but since im not a vulcaniser myself I don't want to use something that leads to a breakdown of the rand or existing glue.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1462138999445.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  65.2 KB
    Do you think he could do mine at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    Attachment 48950
    Do you think he could do mine at the same time?

Good boots those but man the soles wear out quickly. Its a shame theyre not resoleable.

Quote Originally Posted by sambnz View Post
    Good boots those but man the soles wear out quickly. Its a shame theyre not resoleable.
    I thought the soles could be done.
    The inner sole breaks down on mine since they get worn in the yards

no more nails works, or go to paraflex footwear in tuam st

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Karakorums do that. Regularly.
    I was going to say that, I've had a couple of pairs and both did it. Still, a pretty sturdy boot once you get used to them.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

JoshC what boots do you favour? Hunting that is

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    JoshC what boots do you favour? Hunting that is
    I've tried a heap of different types. At the moment I'm using Bestard Coto's for my all rounders - I'm happy with them and they're light. And I have a pair of Hanwag Tibets as well which I am liking also. Both I can get here in NZ for about half the price of a Lowa/Meindl without having to import. I wear these type of boots everyday, unless I am on a work site where I wear Haix chainsaw boots.

The Bestards are going well, but on my last trip the sole started separating from one boot, so I've sent that up to Ezidirect to get repaired. The Hanwags are going really good, really stable and grip well. They're also really water tight. (Hanwags were founded by a brother of the founder of Lowas). I can't justify spending ~$700-800 on a pair of boots when in my experience with those higher priced brands (Lowa and Meindl) if they don't last 1.5-2 times longer.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    I've tried a heap of different types. At the moment I'm using Bestard Coto's for my all rounders - I'm happy with them and they're light. And I have a pair of Hanwag Tibets as well which I am liking also. Both I can get here in NZ for about half the price of a Lowa/Meindl without having to import. I wear these type of boots everyday, unless I am on a work site where I wear Haix chainsaw boots.

The Bestards are going well, but on my last trip the sole started separating from one boot, so I've sent that up to Ezidirect to get repaired. The Hanwags are going really good, really stable and grip well. They're also really water tight. (Hanwags were founded by a brother of the founder of Lowas). I can't justify spending ~$700-800 on a pair of boots when in my experience with those higher priced brands (Lowa and Meindl) if they don't last 1.5-2 times longer.
    Yeah. Bestard are the best boots I have ever worn. But they don't last like other well known brands.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post

Granted when I get 18 months out of a pair of lowa tibet I do feel a bit ripped off. Where do you get Bestards from?

Hopefully my Karakorums don't fall apart as seems to be a few peoples experience with them, they are an awesome comfy boot an I decided to try them as I several shepherds on big high country farms that live in their boots and all recommend them.

I have the problem of bumps on the back of my heel from gum boots wearing when a kid!
    Also finding light boots with a nice flexible shank for bush stalking that are warm and water proof! The other problem is finding the time to try on as many brands as possible. Is used to use those Viking bush boots but I now feel the cold to much after living in Africa for two and a half years....