Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Spotting Scopes

Have thought of the camera idea and can see merits in it but have wondered how robust they'd be? I've ruined one cell phone trying to take a photo in light drizzle. How water proof are the cameras? will it take a dunking if I arse up in a creek or need to use it in drizzly weather ?I asked at one shop but got the I wouldn't really know answer but he was happy to sell one to me!

Got a Leica and digiscope from camerland. You need a tripod too. High magnification is only good with no haze. The digiscope is a bit of a waste of time compared to a good camera it needs everything perfect and have a small depth of field If you want a digiscope I'll give it to you if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by r87mm View Post
    Have thought of the camera idea and can see merits in it but have wondered how robust they'd be? I've ruined one cell phone trying to take a photo in light drizzle. How water proof are the cameras? will it take a dunking if I arse up in a creek or need to use it in drizzly weather ?I asked at one shop but got the I wouldn't really know answer but he was happy to sell one to me!
    Speaking in terms of my camera I would personally get it out in the rain or drizzle, as I don't think it'd like the water but also the movement the drizzle makes actually makes the lense struggle to focus so when I went out and there was passing shower that weren't enough to wet the camera the quality was deteriorated significantly more than usual. And if I ever fell in a creek the first thing I'd do is get it out and make sure it's not going to get any wetter but I can't imagine if it got a good dosage it'd fare particularly well