Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dreamer

Thread: stoney creek Mohaka

stoney creek Mohaka

Anyone have one of these new 40+10 packs? Goods and bads?

Yep had 1 for 24hrs. After using it to carry out the bag legs and back steaks of a yearling red I got I returned it and got my money back after it had been sent back to stoney creek for a look see. I had a stich on the waist belt rub me on my left side of my back just above my hip and next day had a sore back, most uncomfortable back I've used and it was only a yearling and my gear in it! The reply from stoney creek was something along the lines of you can adjust the harness but I reckon its a bit of a design flaw myself. I got a camo one in as they didnt have one in the shop, after returning and explaining to the shop we compared it to a green one they had in the shop and the lumber pad was wider on the green one then the camo one which could possibly have stopped the rubbing??
    I'll be sticking to my non hunting packs thank you!
    Munsey and BRADS like this.

Thanks mate. Was the lumbar pad a design flaw or was it the stitch that caused the problem?

I would say a combo of both, well for myself anyway. But I'm no expert just on what suits me and what doesn't.
    The stitch was the first thing to show up as that was at the time, the sore back was the next day.