Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Tents

  1. #31
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Rotorua
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Awaian View Post
    I take it you ordered direct? No local outlet? Any hassle on shipping?
    cheers
    He's basically Jason's right hand man but over in Cal i forn i a...
    Awesome stuff, thanks again Nibbles.
    Dan M

  2. #32
    Member Nibblet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    4,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Awaian View Post
    I take it you ordered direct? No local outlet? Any hassle on shipping?
    cheers
    Correct, their business model is no middle man so order direct.
    No hassles with the international shipping bar the price and potential for customs to tax you

  3. #33
    Member Kudu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wanganui
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Sown in lights??? That's pretty choice. What they run on?
    3 x AAA batteries. So only another 74 grams to the non-lighted version of the same tent. These AAA batteries will last 1000's of hours apparently. So that is a lot of nights use. This roar over 4 nights I would not have used an hours worth.
    Nibblet likes this.

  4. #34
    Member Kudu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wanganui
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Stuff that, just another thing you have to pack. And then food for it as well

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    I thought that as well. but it is all sewn into the tent, so no having to remember any kit. And it runs on 3 AAA batteries that last 1000's of hours. So once there you can forget about them.....and its only another 74 odd grams. Well worth it!!!

  5. #35
    Member Nibblet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    4,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    I thought that as well. but it is all sewn into the tent, so no having to remember any kit. And it runs on 3 AAA batteries that last 1000's of hours. So once there you can forget about them.....and its only another 74 odd grams. Well worth it!!!
    Haha my comment was a piss take of MSL and his hamster wheel remark.

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gorrre
    Posts
    2,413
    Looks like a good piece of gear and 1.6kg is impressively light.

  7. #37
    Member Nibblet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    4,500
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Looks like a good piece of gear and 1.6kg is impressively light.
    Bro, where's my gravel? @Gibo said you had some for me
    GravelBen and Gibo like this.

  8. #38
    Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gorrre
    Posts
    2,413
    I just spread it a bit more onto the sides of the road!
    Gibo likes this.

  9. #39
    Member Nibblet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    4,500
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    I just spread it a bit more onto the sides of the road!
    That's a more fun way of doing it.

  10. #40
    Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gorrre
    Posts
    2,413
    Funny enough looking at the Kuiu tents their 4 season 'storm star' has the same pole layout/structure as my old Fairydown, just with the tent clipping up to it instead of being sleeved. And quite a bit lighter, improvements in modern materials I guess.
    scottrods likes this.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    otago
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Yep. I have a 26 year old (replaced the floor 18 moths ago) Macpac Exodus. Same pitch design as the Olympus and Minaret, but not a tunnel tent. Big enough for two, but only one vestibule, entry , but it is via a side door.
    Got a minaret as well and bloody happy with it. Yes needs pegs to stay up but doesn't need many and on a good day have it all up in under 5 minutes. Yes it's a small 2 man but I find it perfect for me and all my gear. Pack and contents fits next to where I sleep. Spent a few windy nights in it and yet to lose confidence in it staying up. And 9 times out of 10 I don't even bother putting the guy roles up

  12. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    Just got a new minaret myself since macpac are having their sale. $450. 2260gm all good to go after seam sealing, thats everything including the small spares kit. Without the inner would be around the 1450gm mark for summer missions.

  13. #43
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    2,310
    I got the big angus fly creek 2 person.

    Its quite cuddly with 2 people and tapers so you cant top and tail. Other downside is there is fuck all gear storage and no led lightning hahahaha bloody good as a 1 man tho and think it was 1 1 - 1.1kg with xtra pegs and ground sheet chucked it on the gym scales. Only 3 season will test it in the snow shortly.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quote
    "I Know you're not Jono because you havnt changed your mind ten times"

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    hokitika
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    I got the big angus fly creek 2 person.

    Its quite cuddly with 2 people and tapers so you cant top and tail. Other downside is there is fuck all gear storage and no led lightning hahahaha bloody good as a 1 man tho and think it was 1 1 - 1.1kg with xtra pegs and ground sheet chucked it on the gym scales. Only 3 season will test it in the snow shortly.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Without being to homosexual that's actually the best way to sleep with 2 people, there are no knees or kicks to th me face and nuts and you actually have a more comfy sleep,

    I just prefer to carry my one man tent so illiminate the problem


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

  15. #45
    Member Nibblet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    4,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    Without being to homosexual that's actually the best way to sleep with 2 people, there are no knees or kicks to th me face and nuts and you actually have a more comfy sleep,

    I just prefer to carry my one man tent so illiminate the problem


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But you look so cuddly to spoon
    Smiddy likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 1-man and 2-man tents FS
    By JoshC in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 11:28 AM
  2. FS: Tents
    By Tikka7mm08 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-10-2016, 07:17 PM
  3. Ultralight tents
    By MSL in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30-09-2015, 10:52 PM
  4. Lightweight tents Luxe tents
    By phillipgr in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 07:44 PM
  5. Tents
    By Munsey in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 12:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!