Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Unlimited 4g broadband

Ejected

Unlimited 4g broadband

If you live in the country and want to get your netflix and pr0n on this would be the way to go.

https://www.skinny.co.nz/broadband/

$58 per month for the first year, $88 per month for the second. Unlimited data.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    If you live in the country and want to get your netflix and pr0n on this would be the way to go.

The small companies are really giving the big boys a run for their money nowdays, we pay about the same ($70 a month) for unlimited satellite broadband through AmuriNet which is a small local company providing satellite broadband to the Amuri catchment area
    Dchild likes this.

As long as you are not too country in which case you cannot get 4g. They wont do the same deal with only 3g.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    The small companies are really giving the big boys a run for their money nowdays, we pay about the same ($70 a month) for unlimited satellite broadband through AmuriNet which is a small local company providing satellite broadband to the Amuri catchment area
    Not sure if I would call skinny small. They are the budget brand of the dreaded spark\telecom.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    As long as you are not too country in which case you cannot get 4g. They wont do the same deal with only 3g.
    I assume the router will step down to 3g if 4 is not available but you would want 4g for decent speeds. Spark\Skinny are building a canterbury wide 4g network on the old 700mhz tv frequency so if you are in canterbury and don't have 4g reception now you will have it soon.

I assume the router will step down to 3g if 4 is not available but you would want 4g for decent speeds. Spark\Skinny are building a canterbury wide 4g network on the old 700mhz tv frequency so if you are in canterbury and don't have 4g reception now you will have it soon.
    But when you step down to 3g they charge at their standard 3g rates.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected
    But when you step down to 3g they charge at their standard 3g rates.
    Are you sure thats the case on the unlimited plan? They make no distinction on phones and data only sims. You get the fastest speed available and just pay the same rate.

Are you sure thats the case on the unlimited plan? They make no distinction on phones and data only sims. You get the fastest speed available and just pay the same rate.
    Yup. Thought it would be good for Pengy but no deal when contacted.

Skinny does not do RBI, so you cannot even be a little bit country. 4G 700MHz is RBI wireless, and falls into the old analogue free-to-air tv frequency range. Checking your phone for 4G coverage will not work, as they are totally different.
    If you can get Spark 4G on your cellphone, then the Skinny plan may work for you. Chances are that you are in an urban area tho.

Ejected
    Yup. Thought it would be good for Pengy but no deal when contacted.
    That's completely retarded but i guess that's the telecom way.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Skinny does not do RBI, so you cannot even be a little bit country. 4G 700MHz is RBI wireless, and falls into the old analogue free-to-air tv frequency range. Checking your phone for 4G coverage will not work, as they are totally different.
    If you can get Spark 4G on your cellphone, then the Skinny plan may work for you. Chances are that you are in an urban area tho.
    Canterbury 4G rollout fast-tracked | Stuff.co.nz

The skinny coverage map lists 700mhz 4g so i don't think you into is correct.

Can only go off the info provided when I was talking to Spark. If you can confirm Skinny are doing RBI, I will be amazed, and I will be one of the first to signup for the unlimited. Oh wait, only Vodafone have a presence in our part of the country

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Can only go off the info provided when I was talking to Spark. If you can confirm Skinny are doing RBI, I will be amazed, and I will be one of the first to signup for the unlimited. Oh wait, only Vodafone have a presence in our part of the country
    Whats RBI? They are doing 700mhz 4g because thats what they state on their coverage map and thats what their wireless broadband works on. There was a period when Vodafone and Spark had 4g but they hadn't turned it on for 2 degrees and skinny customers yet but thats a while ago now.

RBI, rural broadband initiative, plan by government to get rural broadband speeds up over 3rd world levels. Look at coverage maps about 75% of the country gets jack ad its a "dead zone". Doesn't stop them ringing to try and sign you up though

We are with Farmside 4g internet and phone and is $99 a month with 120gb cap but I'd rather pay a bit more to Farmside than give Spark my money