Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Who wears glasses?

Still new to the whole glasses thing and no wqy I can afford laserat this time of the year, no money coming in again till summer. Will see how glasses and contacts go for me while I put the clams aside

Another option for cheap glasses, from which I've bought about 12 pairs from so far, is Zenni Optical | Affordable Rx Eyeglasses Online
    The last lot I bought, was 4 normal ones, 2 tinted and a pair of goggles which I use for motocross. I didn't like one of the normal frames, so I threw them out. At the prices they are, you can do that. From memory, the 7 pairs including freight was around $130 and took 3 weeks. It took longer to get a pair through OPSM and cost more than twice than I paid for the 7.
    Beaker likes this.

Guess it depends on how strong a prescription you need as to where you can buy them from

Not really, Zenni seem to cover almost any prescription. Once you've got your prescription in hand, go to their site and plug in the numbers. I'm blind without my glasses at anything more than 5 meters away.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Ray Ban's when driving and polaroid's when fishing. Pardon, what's that you said. are my cleaners paid? Been very deaf all of my life and wear aids when I need to. Have very good eye sight, just chuck on a pair of el cheapo's if reading in bed with a dim light. Need another thread to see who the deaf pricks are ha ha.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    Not really, Zenni seem to cover almost any prescription. Once you've got your prescription in hand, go to their site and plug in the numbers. I'm blind without my glasses at anything more than 5 meters away.
    Well how come you shoot that muzzle loader so well??
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Ray Ban's when driving and polaroid's when fishing. Pardon, what's that you said. are my cleaners paid? Been very deaf all of my life and wear aids when I need to. Have very good eye sight, just chuck on a pair of el cheapo's if reading in bed with a dim light. Need another thread to see who the deaf pricks are ha ha.
    What?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

SiB
    Anti must wipes are called;

Titmus "Fog Eliminator Cloth"

Purchase per 100 ex NZ Safety

They're safe on lens coatings too

@SiB cheers

SiB
    Anti MIST

Sheesh. Fat finger fursday

And the keyboards only get smaller

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Well how come you shoot that muzzle loader so well??
    Guesswork...

Should add to this thread, everyone should get their eyes checked. I didnt realise that I had a problem until I got them checked, made a huge difference. Been for a 2hr drive today and not sure I should have been on the road without them.... EVERYONE GET YOUR EYES checked unless of course you already have
    mikee, Cyclops and paremata like this.

Been wearing glasses/contacts for most of my life.

I wear contacts 95% of the time and absolutely love the freedom they given me when in the outdoors. Yes, they are a bit of a pain in the ass to put in / take out but you do get used to it and it becomes second nature. It does take a little extra effort to keep your hands clean in the bush when handling them. Hand sanitiser works well but remember to let it dry before touching your eyes - learnt that the hard way a few times... actually a lot of times.

I talked with @Bryan a few times about getting them lasered and almost went down the route. I had initial assessments and everything looked perfect and just had to choose a suitable date. Everything was all arranged but a last minute change in my prescription resulted in my optometrist advising me to wait another year or two before going through with it.

I will get them lasered at some point... it's just a waiting game but for now, contacts suffice.
    Bryan likes this.

Grrr thought my contacts were coming from nz, no ritish Columbia but they showed up in a few days, minus the lenses case I ordered at the same time. Glasses just got an email from them, they are packaging them now and still not shipped from Hong Kong, wtf!