Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Who wears glasses?

Anyone using combination sunglasses with prescription inserts as recommended in the latest NZDA mag issue? Eg Adidas Evil Eyes. That means you can have interchangeable sunglasses- swap out coloured lenses for clear for example when the light changes- but the prescription lenses are separate and sit in behind. I'm wondering about getting something like this as the bush thrashes my good glasses

Saw that article and was curious as well, looked a good system and not too expensive considering they are brand names

Yeah I think with the extra distance from your eyes glassing without taking them off would be impossible, but definitely interesting, eh, with the added benefit of eye protection pushing through scrub etc. I quite often come close to getting a twig in the eye!

Quote Originally Posted by WillB View Post
    Anyone using combination sunglasses with prescription inserts as recommended in the latest NZDA mag issue? Eg Adidas Evil Eyes. That means you can have interchangeable sunglasses- swap out coloured lenses for clear for example when the light changes- but the prescription lenses are separate and sit in behind. I'm wondering about getting something like this as the bush thrashes my good glasses
    Yep I consider them one of the best items Ive ever owned,Its a bugger not being able to wear sunnies, I have Bi Focals in the insert for tying knots out fishing and so i can see the dash when driving
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Saw that article and was curious as well, looked a good system and not too expensive considering they are brand names
    Watch one day and buy the RV model the inserts fit, $60-80 bucks, $300 to glaze the insert!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

they are called "eye crutches" thankyou vey much!!!!! and nothing wrong with my eyes its just writing is too small and my arms too short......

Nothing like being vain in yr old age
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I found out about 5 years ago that my eyesight was shit. I've got astigmatism. Its not super bad but its bad enough that I can't see street signs at night and spotting deer 100m+ away with my naked eye is almost impossible, especially on low light. I've tried wearing all sorts of different contacts but have been told my tear ducts don't function property so the contacts dry out in a matter of minutes on my eyes. Even happens with the contacts specifically designed for dry eyes.

I've had my last couple of expensive pairs of glasses smashed at work so have just been purchasing cheap $40 pairs online. With a cap on they're not too bad. I tend to hunt almost exclusively tops and find glassing with glasses on quite a painful exercise. Rain is a whole new level of frustration.

I'd love to eventually find a set of contacts that I could wear or get laser. I've been told I need to wait for my prescription to "settle" before I can start looking at the laser route.

@223nut I wear glasses, no problem using them with scope just adjust the scope focus ring to suit. I can't wear them for glassing with the binos it just doesn't work for me so I adjust my binos focus for use without glasses, and after nearly loosing my glasses a few times putting them on the ground whilst sitting glassing I now keep my glasses on one of those old poeple straps that hang around your neck.
    They can be a pain in the ass in the rain but I can't get by without them so I suck it up a hat with a decent brim or peak helps.

The only fix I know for misting, I found when playing paintball. My glasses would fog up really badly underneath my mask, so I'd wind up playing the game in a severe haze.

Didn't matter if the opposition was in the same room as me, but I missed a lot of cues further out.

I found that cleaning the lenses after every game helped. Getting the moisture physically off the lenses rather than relying on a chemical spray to do it for me became the thing to do.

Contact lenses were ok, but just too fiddly. I can find my specs if I drop 'em. Contacts, not so much.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

I've just turned 62 and have been wearing contacts since 1980 wear them all day every day no problems ,I am short-sighted but have the power (prescription) on my lenses set so I can see best at distance which is good for my job as a truck driver and of course hunting, I think you can get bi-focal contacts now but I just carry a cheap pair of reading glasses to read better up close .
    The brand of contacts I've been wearing for the last ten years or so are called PureVision by Bausch&Lomb, I do remember wearing them continuously when I first got them but its not good for the health of your eyes long term so always take them out every night which you just get used to.
    When out hunting camping under a fly etc it is a bit of a pain putting them in first thing and taking them out again before going to sleep and often in the dark to but ya get used to it .
    Occasionally you will get a bit of dust or grit in your eyes but generally no problems, I can only think of once in all those years where I lost a contact from one eye out hunting but nowadays always carry a spare set with me.
    Cheers

just hit 52, only worn glasses for a year now and then its only for working on extremely fine electronic repairs.

Contacts are way better for hunting and shooting in glasses suck hard

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    mikee likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

SiB
    The absolute best lens wipes and anti fog are FOG Eliminator cloths by TITMUS

One wipe lasts for ages and safe on all optics too.

The other things is to sort a cord or soft elastic thingy so you don’t lose your specs if they fall off in bush or a tumble.

Eye relief on some Bino’s is an issue but you may be able to simply adjust and slip the specs off

For you fullas with the std "shrinking arm" problem that comes with age, this sort of thing is ideal outdoors, esp for dealing with fishing gear. They're also good for driving as you can see your instrument cluster, etc . You need ~ normal distance vision to be suitable for these.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/S032...2dde4c4dcF6ccP

There are heaps of these on Ali and you don't cry if you lose/murder a pair.
    gadgetman likes this.