Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Arsehole Dumped birds !

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Cleverer or, more clever, that is the question.

And I as well know people who shoot and dump
    Not dumb dump like that but down the pit.
    Yes people off the land.
    Ive been shooting ducks for 30+ years 1 mallard drake got eaten by a hawk from beside track where I left it to be picked up
    3 parries got fly blown when I left them for 2 days before dealing to them
    froze 2 for dog and fly tie feathers
    and....and.....and.... nope that's all Ive WASTED in that time.
    gsp follower likes this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Thats alright mate, not saying anybody here does, saying it happens, sometimes from folk you don't expect.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    Yeah but .... just coz you shoot it don't mean you have to eat it ......rabbits , possums stoat/ferret/weasel , feral cats , AND I wouldn't eat nothing off a sewage pond ( or even near one ) . I would say tho that if you like shootin more than eating ducks ...... be a bit cleaver about how you dispose of them
    chalk and cheese hamsav pest control dont need a licence or a conscience
    well done -why not use that bloody example in your first post.finally great to see the crusaders give the Reds a right shagging ,tho Id imagine youd moaned ya tits off right the way through it !
    IVE TOLD YOU OF THAT UMPTEEN TIMES
    no i give credit where due and that ref deserved some
    reds were woeful but we can reconvene thiS barney in a couple of weeks for round 2 canes crufaders
    Thats alright mate, not saying anybody here does, saying it happens, sometimes from folk you don't expect.
    AINT THAT THE TRUTH THE CASE YEARS BACK IN AKL/WAI WAS RICH NOBS FROM AUCKS and you wouldnt believe somone was shooting ducks the friday night before the former wgtn summer goose season opening some years back
    Even breasting is wasteful imo. We even sit down and pluck geese when we get them. Just the way I was brought up]
    same toby but i have to admit only young geese that pass the feather pull test get past the breasting knife tried boneing the legs what an abortion
    Last edited by gsp follower; 09-05-2015 at 10:57 PM.

I would just LOVE to see it personally.......

hamsav -youd make a bloody good lawyer ,but as for psychically predicting my reactions -youd dont know me from a bar of soap !My original sentiments stand and i dont bloody resile one iota -I dont give a flying continental-what is euphemistically described as being sanctioned is nothing more than bloody wholesale slaughter and if as you state F&G?DOC apparently sanctioned this then these bastards need to be held to account too ,cause both are bloody quick to nail us responsible shooters -the pack of hypocritical arsewipes!
    furthermore this sort of shit is great fuel to the mad bloody anti brigade.if a cockie has problems wirth ducks why not get a mob of shooters in to deal with and process the problem ,or is it a case of short arms long pockets and a degree of tightness seldom seen beyond thatof a Manchester St madams Gstring!!(BTWthat is not intended to reflect on the majority of farmers whom ive found decent people.).
    Last edited by kotuku; 10-05-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    EeeBees likes this.

Iwill concede ive also consistently breasted parries (older birds particularly)geese &swans (only ever got one).geese ive plucked and cooked whole -fuck it was like eating the diff off a bush roading D8 Bulldozer-even if id marinated the bastards in battery acid ,embalming fluid and kiwifruit,it wouldnt make an iota of difference! that meat generally goes into salamis sausages ,and casseroles.yes ive lost the odd bird(fuckI hate it too)but if the hawks or ells get it ,then so be it ,but to deliberately toss a dwindling asset like mallards down a hole cause someone cant be fucked is to me repugnant
    EeeBees and gsp follower like this.

The farmer had permission from DOC or fish and game ( cant remember ) and we were not allowed to even pick them up ,( putrid duck carcases sure made the pea harvest interesting )
    be f&g on a disturb permit with limited numbers to kill and yes they did at times say no decoys or using the birds ??spose they thought the gunner wouldnt make a meal of shooting to many if he couldnt take the meat.
    yeah , on the face of it its not a good look but there is more than 1 reason why these ducks ( and thousands of others I wouldn't be surprized ) got dumped. Some of you guys need to chill out a bit .
    give me 2 good ones hamsavand yes i,l pardon the pun

the trick with a disturb permit they say is to shoot say every???? 15th bird??? to come in thereby disturbing 14-17 who will piss off elsewhere...if your permit is to shoot 20 and you shoot first 20, anything after that is untouchable.
    disturb permits ARENT to just have a bomb up and kill a few...idea is to make them gun shy and piss off making lpg scarer more effective too.
    Munsey and gsp follower like this.

thank you micky for taking the time to explain this ,it does clarify the issue somewhat. it seems as though some may take the attitude fuck it if its airborne its dead.
    wonder if F&Gwill reconsider conditions on these given the increasing decline of mallards in a lot of NZ regions?

but I spose that when a licensed up shooter has a bag of ducks its up to him what he does with them .
    you,d be wrong hm there are rules to disposing of gamebirds hell theres even rules on giving them away

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav;362811[B
    ]Dude , if we didn't like killing shit we would all shop in the supermarket for meat and fish [/B] . there would be no license to buy , no gun , ammo to pay for , no hard work , no " up to your elbows in something's guts " no getting in the shit with the Mrs for any of the above , no boat to buy / maintain. We are hunters . We kill shit , ( that's our job ) and we LIKE doing it . I doubt there are many subsistence hunters in NZ
    Are we to think that the hunter , looking at the biggest stag ( goat elephant ....,whatever )ever thru his sights should choose NOT to shoot it if he is unable to take the whole thing home ( not just the best bits ) because he cant carry it all , HELL NO ! you would take the most meat you could and whatever pointy bits there are and leave the rest .
    The point Im trying to make is that it not as black or white as some of you seem to think
    as you get older hamsav the killing part doesnt hold as much importance as the enjoyment of the hunt the dog working or the meal to come,
    killing is just the end result with hopefuly a great memory and meal and the satisfaction of a hard fought battle against a clever foe in which you dog and gun performed like you dreamt you could..[or not]
    The point Im trying to make is that it not as black or white as some of you seem to think
    if you make the effort to take your game cleanly and harvest as much as you can use from that game then you are a hunter. if you shoot just to kill [other than on neccessary culls or control operations of which few take any joy im sure ] then kotuku is more qualified to tell you what you are than me.

your not the only one conflicted confused or just downright bluffed hamsav.
    after watchhing the duleys hunting geese and i quote'' hunters need to kill as many geese as they can [presumembly in any legal way they can] while still respecting them as a premier gamebird''
    i just wonder how you do that killing everyone you can would harden and sour you at some stage surely??
    Last edited by gsp follower; 12-05-2015 at 01:29 PM.

hamsav...... shooting a stag and taking antlers and what meat you can carry is poles apart from shooting a pile of ducks then saying "fuck it and dumping them" not plucking/breasting out that spoonie drake and taking it to taxidermist is as close as it gets,
    shooting 5 stags miles from anywhere and taking only the best head is on par..why shoot a wee six pointer if you after a big 12 etc??? and guys would call you a prick for doing it, difference is that's legal and what this arsehole has done is not. and stags would be out of sight of 99.99999% of public

We are hunters . We kill shit , ( that's our job ) and we LIKE doing it . I doubt there are many subsistence hunters in NZ
    if it was a job id a given it up long ago.
    like is probably not the word we get satisfaction from clean kills that are the end result of a combination of things going right. If we and the mutt have done right and the game co operates then kills will happen but it is far from guarenteed .

Hey if we are realistic, we all have wasted the odd bit of meat here and there.
    I am going to approach the local butcher one day and ask if I can sit in and learn a bit from them. I make my own sausages etc but I still biff a lot of meat I havent boned out properly, due to lack of skill. To be honest, my missus is waaaay better with a boning knife that I am. I can skin faster than her though, (just. )
    We are pretty lucky to have the opportunity to criticise ourselves though, with regard to meat. A lot of people have not got the opportunity to moan about a bit of wasted meat .

Gents there are more varieties of human beings than there a re coloured threads in a berber carpet and the same applies to hunters!
    the "ethical " component however is often very individualised. Do not mistake me -this is in no way a personal criticism of any particular person or group, for it is the individual who shapes those ethics and who am I to say a single one is 100%correct.this does not alter the fact however that a lot may find some disturbing or even unacceptable but again that will cut both ways.