Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By gsp follower

Thread: Can I?

Can I?

Can I go down to the lake past the lower selwyn huts and walk out to the edge near the bottom which isn't DOC land and pattern my new shotgun there? I don't want to be a bother to other people but would really appreciate it if someone could suggest somewhere (maybe private land) I could go.

Thanks

No
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

cant say youd make any friends this close to opening
    Wellsford Gameshooters Club
    GK Calls

True, didn't think that one through .

Quote Originally Posted by WJAM View Post
    True, didn't think that one through .
    pm me i got a quarry at rakaia perfect for the job anytime after 4,30 weekdays or anytime on the weekend you should be fine in there
    Dundee, SHOOTA, Toby and 1 others like this.

Can I go down to the lake past the lower selwyn huts and walk out to the edge near the bottom which isn't DOC land and pattern my new shotgun there? I don't want to be a bother to other people but would really appreciate it if someone could suggest somewhere (maybe private land) I could go.

Thanks

Here
    New Zealand Handloaders Association | Proudly established to promote amateur shooting for the recreation of its members and the general public.
    They have a patterning board that you can use. I think it's open Tuesday afternoon before 7pm (for patterning) and if you talk to them possibly you can arrange other days like Sunday.
    I can analyze your pattern if you like and bring out some numbers. Like this (or a bit less flashy)Name:  Selier Belot 26g N5 35m.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  81.5 KB

Thanks

Here
    New Zealand Handloaders Association | Proudly established to promote amateur shooting for the recreation of its members and the general public.
    They have a patterning board that you can use (you need your own paper). I think it's open Tuesday afternoon before 7pm (for patterning) and if you talk to them possibly you can arrange other days like Sunday.
    I can analyze your pattern if you like and bring out some numbers. Like this (or a bit less flashy)Attachment 23174

Ejected
    Handloaders is a good option but bear in mind that they don't like you shooting at their steel patterning board with steel duck ammo. Lead loads only.

nice high dirt banks so richochets will be minimal

Sorry I took so long to reply to the thread. Thanks for a the use of the quarry gsp. Will pm you if I need to come out. Can't see it happening during the week though due to the distance to travel (I'm in Parklands), but maybe the weekend might suit. Thanks for the offer I appreciate it.

no sweat its a well known local public sighting in and target punching spot. i hear an art paper pad drapped over a mild steel plate works