Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Duck Calls

Duck Calls

Has any of you guys tried a Duck Commander -Willies Camo Max ?
    What do you think about it -good -bad - piece of junk ? I have a DJ call that fits the last category.
    I'm using a couple of Duck Commander Reacher calls at the moment.
    M5 Mallard Tone .

What are other guys using ,before I spend any more dollars on
    another call that should be left in the shop.

Illinois river DJ DR-115.... I'm still learning to use it but i can do mallards and also imitates a drake parrie really well just by changing the tone in my blowing method,seriously good!!! well worth the $80 i spent on it! a+++ would absolutely recommend one... works so well on parries that I had a group of 5 fly over me 3 times whilst standing up lol but it wasn't safe because of the firing zone(safety first)

Hammond Cajun drags them in remember only call when you can see the birds wing tips / tails.
    For variety I use the Commanders Drake Whistle seems to be a good filler

The DR-115 I have sounds real sick ,going cheap if anyone wants it. Maybe I struck a crook call.
    The DJ -22 on the other hand is brilliant,never new Parries could be so stupid.

Chris I have an address of homemade duck callers in N.Z and the one I got was a single reed but the chap also makes double reed callers for larger water.Send me a pm or email if you want.

Cheers for that Mr Dundee, will keep that as plan "B" ,have a Willies Camo on the way .
    Am thinking that having no top teeth ain't helping much either, had suspected it could change things some.

Drinkin beers a lot easier ,like pouring it down the sink now .....
    Dundee likes this.

Hammonds calls take some beating, although for lots of noise for high birds I like the Buck Gardener reactor call i have. Loved my hammond caller though.

I loved my DJ 66 until I lost it. But know I've got a Hammond Arkansas and hell its god! But I would like to add a cajun to the lanyard also.
    Personally I don't like the Back Gardner calls, especially for pond situations. They may be alright for on Big water like Ellesmere.....

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    I loved my DJ 66 until I lost it. But know I've got a Hammond Arkansas and hell its god! But I would like to add a cajun to the lanyard also.
    Personally I don't like the Back Gardner calls, especially for pond situations. They may be alright for on Big water like Ellesmere.....
    The reactor is great as a distance call over a lake , or even if shooting a large pond to drag the birds over. Use the others once they are close.

HAvign said that my mate is a far better caller than me and he can produce some soft callig with it and good close up feed chatter,

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    Tried couple of Buck Gardner calls & didn't like them neither it seemed did the ducks round here. Still waiting for the Willies Camo but for now my Reacher calls are working well enough & had spare reeds n wedges arrive for them as well.
    Now have 4 Reacher calls pretty much the same ,so is really 1 surplus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The DR-115 I have sounds real sick ,going cheap if anyone wants it. Maybe I struck a crook call.
    The DJ -22 on the other hand is brilliant,never new Parries could be so stupid.
    is it a wooden call mate? how much you want? im after a new call

Its a wooden call ,pretty much as new .(with lanyard)
    Give me an address , you try it & tell me what you think its worth.
    Personally I think its a bit of junk..............How , Twenty bucks sound

yup sweet ill p.m you now

sold to Mr killwell

I shoot a mix of big water and ponds, Dj 66 is awesome on smaller water and Hammonds or Buck gardner calls on the big water to pull them in from range. Was dragging them in well yesterday