Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: finally some common sence

finally some common sence

pinched this but it was worth it some common sence finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGQchcm2mpY
    veitnamcam and stretch like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Goodbye steel shot? How long will that take?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Just like how Sodium is bad, Chlorine is bad, but Sodium Chloride is tasty.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Petros_mk, EeeBees and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Goodbye steel shot? How long will that take?
    i doubt it will but lets be honest the cockup was made at the start .
    lead if banned as proven bad should have been gauge wide and use wide ie over land at gunclubs and all at the same time.
    the subgauge exemptions were more about creating a money making niche for gun suppliers that in some ways worked but perhaps not in the numbers hoped.
    look at the recent championing by certain sorces of thier newly imported 28 gauges??
    if that had happened maybe 20 gauge non toxic would by now be much more available and excepted.
    not 39 buks a boxes limited in wieghts and shot sizes and rarer than hens teeth.
    EeeBees likes this.

"fear is easy to promote...."

Yep that's how Greenpeace make their beans

I wonder how many people actually gave up duck shooting when it changed to steel.
    I stopped and haven't been since. Never used steel and won't probably duck shoot again unless it goes back to lead. But then I would have to buy another gun or use the 590 with the ghost rings and sights. Which would be interesting
    mikee and Maca49 like this.

I was talking to a couple of tourists from Norway about hunting and apparently they have gone back to lead from steel shot.
    Perhaps @Norway can comfirm ?
    EeeBees likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

gsp follower likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Fascinating this is my area of work after all. I must say that some of the bigger military ranges and shotgun ranges that I looked into definitely had lead escaping via local water ways. But we ate talking TONS of the stuff (millions of rounds) and has it done actual damage??? Hunting on the other hand creates such a wide dispersion of bullets and shot so there is no comparison.

I have used both lead and steel, close range with steel is devastating but further out it is crap.

so basicly theyre gong back to what we have now sans the subgauge exemptions??
    what i found most interesting was the difference in leads described ie metallic lead and what was in paint and petrol.

i doubt it will but lets be honest the cockup was made at the start .

it totaly undermined the legitamicy of their whole arguement when they let some use lead and created a market for the gun supplyers to exploit the
    furore and lack of clear research..
    Last edited by gsp follower; 03-12-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    EeeBees and R93 like this.

Well that was a waste of 3.5 minutes of my life. A bunch of rifle manufacturers endorsing their own product(in an effort to maintain their current PROFIT margin). No mention at all about lead ingestion by ducks or denial of that. Totally irrelevant post.]

jesus and whose profit margin are you protecting ts
    i imagine certain properties with special conditions are shitting themselves after british reports on human lead ingestion via store brought game.??
    even tho its with nary a proven health impact the fact the that the steel/lead furore might effect the toff end of the sport must have certain factions checking thier marks and spencers.
    waterfowling bieng the province of the lower classes after all not driven like our sport old chap.

the hardest case part is how the steel lovers point us at thier beloved research and castigate us for questioning the gaps or incoMpleteness of it.
    yet this is the exact reason norway has done what it has ''THE RESEARCH IS NOT THERE''
    BUT ANYTHING they dont like or doesnt fit thier view of life is fallen on like rabid dogs.
    there are genuine people in both debates follow those not the snipers vested interest compromised or the outright paid.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I was talking to a couple of tourists from Norway about hunting and apparently they have gone back to lead from steel shot.
    Perhaps @Norway can comfirm ?
    Yes that is correct. Lead in the shape found in shot/ammunition is very stable and they can't find any extra lead in people eating game shot with lead ammunition.

There is still exceptions - waterfowl, trap ranges et.

Haven't really read up on that...
    veitnamcam and gsp follower like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    Yes that is correct. Lead in the shape found in shot/ammunition is very stable and they can't find any extra lead in people eating game shot with lead ammunition.

There is still exceptions - waterfowl, trap ranges et.

Haven't really read up on that...
    so basicly norway theyve gone back to what we have excepting the gunclubs.
    i think the most ludicrous part of the whole thing even for those that only go to the duck shooters clay days is trap/skeet steel was never available or allowed to be used.
    practise practise practise how but on birds as even if you wanted to shoot clays off your own bat you couldnt get the smaller sizes .
    which would have at least enabled you [mr joe average not the high number gunners who shoot every second day] to get some idea of the different techniques lead,s etc to be a more humane effective hunter..id bet thats just as much a lot of gunners motivation against steel not so much they cant kill with it but they hate that they seem to wound much more with it.
    ive met very few gunners who would/could abide inhumaneness to any animal;especially those they hunt.
    . can you tell us if in norway the steel changes were all at once??

In my observation, lead pellets will encapsulate under the skin...steel will not...anyone eating a gamebird is very unlikely to eat a pellet anyway...unless one was a complete glutton...the ivories could suffer though!!!

Apparently meat is not good for you anyway...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...