Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree4642Likes

Thread: Game bird diary for all

Two in the hand Dundee!!

Day of humour Me and 30calterry hit the river in the jet boat at 8.30 Plan being drive upstream 20 or so k,s then drift back down All good boat goin awesome bloody cold at 30 to 40 kph down in the water .Heaps more debris and fallen trees since end of summer
    So we prk up to get organized to drift back and I said do you have your pin in your gun ?(we allowed three shots only over water been rabbit shooting so took them out ) He says no worries I'm gonna fit it now. I m havin a pee and he says imagine if when I undo this if my spring goes boing then splash I said that would be hilfuckinlarious and you'd be in the shit big time . Nek minute sproing twang splash followed by oh fuck ! You guessed it we were laughing for 10 mins the dud nows has a gun with no mag spring at all. I was calling him one shotwonder all the way down the river.One mallard three or four puks round 40 Kim's good way to spend a morning . Boat cleaned and in shed by 3ish and beat the rain . The dud needs a mag spring for his Browning . Anyone know where to buy parts for these?
    Dundee likes this.

Good skills Tussock she looks like a champion and shes a big bitch compared to my Lab X, hes long and fast like his old man the hunterway was.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I had Jess with me tonight and yesterday she was asleep on my lap up at the pond tonight. And on the couch when we got home.

Bolt is friggen fast 40km going up the track and 50km on the way down

He is vocal,good on the stock and not bad on retrieving birds for a lab X.
    Heres a wee run up the track with Bolt.

Wildman likes this.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Bolt is a smart dog Dundee. He cuts the corners. What next from you mate? You are becoming a bit of a Peter Jackson
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Went out with my brother and his mate and Sca the dog.

74 ducks in all. Not a bad morning shoot.

Sca with our (her) share before I breasted them. Roll on the Duck and jalapeno and cheese pies.
    Attachment 10217
    Attachment 10218
    Good day out just one problem forum sheriff dude by your own words
    Originally Posted by Happy
    So after all that you bought a license ?

" Iwould never buy myself a licence. I am boycotting the whole thing.

I did by the dog one though. She really likes it. "

Better pic now then. You did say that you hadn't though!
    Why would you mislead ? Fun or boredom ?
    I make no apology the laws are clear.
    Waikato rangers visited a drain they had not visited for a few years on opening morning. All participants shooting with lead and no licenses the rangers dealt to them only to find on returning to their car another person in the process of stealing their outboard off their boat. Whilst sometimes we wonder why we support them we have no choice when there's guys doing the wrong thing
    Last edited by Happy; 26-05-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Dogs can't buy licenses. There are forms to fill out. Dogs can't fill out forms. They also struggle to hold a shotgun because they don't have hands.

Happy, it's militants like you who remind me I paid $90 to be policed by people who are to lazy to do any policing let alone any local improvements.

Also correct, I wouldn't shoot

And don't panic. 74 ducks is well inside out limit of 150. Seems ducks thrive in the absence of fish and game.

Itching to give me a serve and jumping to conclusions big time. Do you really think my dog has her own licence?
    No not at all You said you had no license My bad assumed you meant you regoed your dog . Not itching to give you a serve I d take anyone to task on this same as breaking other laws

Self appointed forum sherif. We really don't need one Happy.

How did you know I was not shooting on my own place Happy? Which I can do legally without a licence.

This is not the Waikato. No one is in a huge panic around here. I probably saw 1000+ ducks in the air yesterday. The total neglect of the area by Fish and Game seems to really help.
    Nah don't want yer job
    You are lucky to have such populations .I did apologise OK?
    Last edited by Happy; 26-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.

if we were to be fussy bro, read your regs over pinning shotguns, ie unable to be removed in the field goes both ways, had you been checked or stopped prior to starting the drift ya mate would have lost his gun and the boat would have also been fair game.
    it could also have been argued the lack of spring means the gun was tampered with in the field as well

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    if we were to be fussy bro, read your regs over pinning shotguns, ie unable to be removed in the field goes both ways, had you been checked or stopped prior to starting the drift ya mate would have lost his gun and the boat would have also been fair game.
    it could also have been argued the lack of spring means the gun was tampered with in the field as well
    Correct thanks for the input However it was not my error I was the one who asked before any hunting commenced you are right should have been done earlier My gear was fully legal before leaving home. Ever forget something yourself then fixed it before it became a problem.?
    It's a funny rule as I can field strip my gun in two minutes with only a pocket knife They did actually say permanent pin not required which sorry means easy to play with no matter what. The numbers they catch will maybe mean that definition becomes a roll pin.It would so easy for us to break any of those rules we choose not too We have private way off road 4wd only ramps and it's kinda hard to stop something doing 50 km per hours in a river with 30 foot shear banks. We choose not to play those games
    Last edited by Happy; 26-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Also Happy, the licence I out up was a 2013 Fishing licence

Although have a green one round here somewhere to. Did not buy it for me, bought it for the dog as it did not seem fair she missed out. Its in my name though! I shot about 6 out of 74 and just watch her retrieve the rest of the time.

A forum is like a glass house.
    Back when selling yr Shottie I commented it was sad to see another duck shooter leaving. Ok I bit Yeah I saw your fishing license and got the point you were playing. I m so sorry for giving you a serve up. Please forgive me you are not an unlicensed illegal shooter Now I realize you're statements may mean something totally different to what they say

Moving right along . Next comments gonna be like two chicks trying to get the last word.

Went for a stroll after lunch ,to burn off some of the Sunday roast. Had a pair of Parries turn up & got a bit too close.Bit high but took a shot any way.The recipient headed down & out of sight round the corner.Waited for the other bird to come back but no show.Followed up & found them both in the paddock.The white head tried coming back past me into the wind & I took it out cleanly.Dog sent to retrieve ,having that secured sent him after the woundie.He got 20m from it before he spotted it...game on . Funniest thing ,dog chasing a wounded Parrie ,couple of sliding tackles later dog coming back with retrieve #2

Couple on the belt off to see what else is around & look what we found

Not a bad couple of hours ,think #1 dog pretty happy .
    This from last week ,what I think is a Blue phase Mallard drake .No white ring around the neck ,no ruffus chest ,pretty much
    Blue/grey over the whole bird with the belly being a bit lighter in color & about 2-3 time bigger than a normal mallard drake.
    Have shot 4 cream phase but this is the 1st Blue Phase I've ever seen.Was told they are a result of in-breeding ,just 1 of the useless bit of info you learn doing a rangers course.
    Dundee likes this.
    Gun control means using both hands

Good result Chris,I've just got back from the river its blowing so bloody hard the river is blowing backwards and only saw 7 parries they were high and struggling with the wind.Stock back n pond paddock so night shoot on the green pond.

Way too go Shadow you big sod!
    CFD

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Way to go Chris
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Shadow saying duck gravy on Mr D ...
    Gun control means using both hands