Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 12 Post By Malhunting
  • 1 Post By JoshC

Thread: Gun, Deks and Sunscreen lotion!

Gun, Deks and Sunscreen lotion!

We arrived at the river to a mild frost on the ground this year but it didn't long for it to melt away and for the fog to clear to reveal another sun filled Southland opening morning.
    This year we retreated back to an old haunt because of a change in the river that caused us some grief last opening, it proved to be a good move and we had 2 limits of Mallards on the bank by 11.30. Leaving the deks on the bank and in the river for the next day we went and set up our accommodation for the night and then visited the main pond to have a catch up with the guys and girls there. After a couple quite brews and a yarn we retreated back to the tent and created a small fire to keep warm whilst we had a few more brews and a laugh before a cold nights sleep.
    Sunday morning was colder than than the previous morning and foggier to but once again it cleared into yet another fine day where sunscreen was required, the ducks were flying high and were cagey as and for the 2 hours we sat trying to bring them down and into shooting range our efforts went unrewarded.
    A quick walk back to the tent and we pack up camp and then back to the river for the Deks etc, all in all a great weekend and it was good to get a couple of limits again for Saturday, Sunday has never gone well on the river but one day i'll work it out.

Breda, sako75, Bryan and 9 others like this.

A good weekend
    Sunscreen in Southland at this time of the year

Good work

The brown dog looks very proud of the catch!

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    great photos
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Cheers Mal, great report & photos....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    A good weekend
    Sunscreen in Southland at this time of the year
    You'd be surprised. But keep it to yourself, there's a enough of you buggers moving down here already

Shot Mal, thanks for the photo of Scott's gay hat, I'll get some mileage out of that. It could've been the deal breaker on old slippery the buck if he'd worn it back then I reckon!
    Malhunting likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Nice set up
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive