Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MassiveAttack

Thread: heads up

heads up

Im now situated on the coast ,a fucking wet coast at that but Ive received a txt from GSP follower to the effect that Lake Forsythe (adjacent to lake ellesmere has been placed in TWO WEEK lockdown as ;preparations are underway for a "customary harvest"of 500 moulting paradise ducks.
    Just spoken to GSP-this came from him enquiring about summer parrie season with nth canty F&G staff.
    few recces done around some of ellesmeres parrie hot spots -reports generally bugger all birds.
    Im seeing plenty over here including in the lagoon out in front of grey hospital.
    Im workin on a plan for me 12g and flaxbush to combine forces so i gets me a nice fresh parrie for lunch on the job!!!!!!!
    back to the original though ,and this is serious- AM I right in saying that just over 3months ago lake forsythe was declared toxic with an extremely high concentration of cyanobacteria.Im pretty sure DOC and the canterbury medical officer of health both came out with the announcement.
    If and thats if this is the case ,then id be bloody wary about harvesting anything out of the putrid hole let alone attempting toeat it.
    given the current norwesters and high temps which is ideal for cyano flourishing only adds to my scepticism.

Ejected
    I went for a pair hunt this morning. The mob came in while we were setting up and then didn't come back. The day was saved though as we walked the paddocks and picked up four hares and a rabbit. I shot my two with a single shot 410 that i brought "for the kids" so happy about that.
    workingman and planenutz like this.