Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Interesting article Re- lead shot

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar

Interesting article Re- lead shot

Was tidying up some old paper work this morning & found this article I cut out of the local paper ( The Evening Standard ) from last year

Sorry I has to cut it in half to fit in the scanner

Name:  Lead 1.jpg
Views: 2181
Size:  99.3 KB

Name:  Lead 2.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  95.7 KB
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

VERY interesting, I'd have a sudden urge to find some steel 20ga if I didn't miss so much

Hmm well thats food for thought

When i was a kid (5 and up) I used to carry a mouthfull of lead airrifle pellets in my mouth as it was too hard to get them out of the small front pocket on my stubbies
    probalbly swallowd a heap and used to chew some up into a ball so they didnt go to well to stun birds and young rabbits so I could raise them as pets.
    what are the symptoms of lead poisoning ?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    When i was a kid (5 and up) I used to carry a mouthfull of lead airrifle pellets in my mouth as it was too hard to get them out of the small front pocket on my stubbies
    probalbly swallowd a heap and used to chew some up into a ball so they didnt go to well to stun birds and young rabbits so I could raise them as pets.
    what are the symptoms of lead poisoning ?
    Poor sentence structure, bad spelling and lack of use of capital letters!!
    Philipo and veitnamcam like this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    & being able to drink copious amounts of alcohol
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Most knowledgeable shooters now realise that Steel shot is a poor substitute for lead shot. The Russians knew that right from the beginning and did not switch production from lead shot to steel shot. Now that vast areas of water-ways are contaminated by rust slime, environmentalist can start making a noise over the use of Steel shot and also, perhaps they may start complaining about the number of ducks dying of septicaemia, caused by the steel shot – something that didn’t happen with lead shot because the body could “seal off” the lead; there are many people walking around today with lead bullets still lodged in their bodies and they don’t get septicaemia.* Not only that, the lead forms an oxidation coating when in the water and doesn’t affect anything. *So for these and other reasons, we do not produce or sell steel shot. The rest of the world will soon follow suite.

BARNAUL manufacture metal, plastic and cardboard cases for 12ga shotgun. However, it is IMPORTANT to note that cases should not be chambered in chambers that are too small for them – DO NOT chamber a 70mm case in a 65mm chamber as this can increase pressures dangerously and may result in damage to the weapon and injury to the shooter.

The metal cases produced by BARNAUL are a seamless case with a stamped anvil primer pocket, with three ports, for CENTROBOL primers.

The cases are very strong, water resistant and very durable. They can be reloaded in excess of 100 to 150 times and we have had reports of up to 300 reloads from a single case.

Note that velocity rating for BARNAUL shotgun ammunition is taken at 10 metres (33 feet) and approximates what many other manufacturers offer as muzzle velocity. The slug is rated at 400 m/sec [1,312 fps] at 10 metres and the shot at 330 m/sec [1,083 fps] at 10 metres.* Our 5mm lead shot load is extremely effective on goats, and one client was using it on pigs! The 5mm lead shot was a load of 49 lead pellets which effectively was akin to firing 49 .22LR at the same time!

.410 shot is rated at 490m/sec [1,607 fps] at 10 metres. Devastatingly* effective!

Here are the Russian shot sizes and their metric diameter.

Sorry what I was supposed to add is that the above post is off the Barnaul site

R93
    There is another forum you can piss off too if you have a problem with genuine people expressing their thoughts.
    Who gives a shit how he posts. He is contributing.
    tui_man2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    There is another forum you can piss off too if you have a problem with genuine people expressing their thoughts.
    Who gives a shit how he posts. He is contributing.
    have ya heard of somting called humour..... have ya heard about somting called "getting ya leg pulled" or even "making a joke"

How about next time I'll give you a heads up with an intro.... maybe like "The following is a joke"......

If that helps ..

R93
    have ya heard of somting called humour..... have ya heard about somting called "getting ya leg pulled" or even "making a joke"

How about next time I'll give you a heads up with an intro.... maybe like "The following is a joke"......

If that helps ..
    Yeah I have heard of humour but it appeared elitist to me. Why the fuck mention it, if it wasnt meant to insult? Kettle. If you know him well enough to tease him you have my apologies.

Theres no such thing as elitism unless those supposedly affected by it acknowledge it. It sounds like your issue.....

If you read the quote the question was asked by vnamcam "what are the symptoms of lead poisoning"? hence the post.....

I don't know vnamcam at all apart from reading his posts....

I do know however that he doesn't need you to bat for him.... and clearly based on the average standards of the average written posts on this forum, there is nothing wrong with his posts. Clearly it is a very informal environment and to suggest he isn't up to standard clearly isn't serious

You might have just got it wrong.... Philipo got it...

I "liked" the post. Thought it was funny and took it that way probably my poor spelling and gramma has more to do with an intense dislike of every "English teacher" I have ever known including my sister.

Just thought I should add that I have nothing against English teachers its just all that I have met havent been MY kind of people.
    Last edited by veitnamcam; 14-05-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Edit to add
    Philipo likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Dr Brett has aged

I should have probably misspelled my way through the post to make it really obvious...

No insults intended....

I am not actually that subtle...