Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Killing Time

well folks ,GSPF myself and another shootin mate checked&fed our maimais yeserday- birds bloody galore ,signs of mrs piggy&the kids strollin through for a spot of kai,and oh so glorious a huge v formation of singing honkas graced the rakaia sky.I msure it was the duckshooters chorus they were practising.
    Iarsed up into a wee hole i was checking out giving my .223 a bath so its for the big strip /clean today.
    we must have put close on 50-60 birds off our wee pond as we arrived ,and they were bloody keen to return too!
    Dundee and gsp follower like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Seen a white duck 6 months prior too opening one year and set up where I thought it might be on the river and at first light 6 ducks took off and I gave the white one every cartridge in the gun
    Attachment 35413
    It looks like you missed, and it followed you home.
    Dundee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    well folks ,GSPF myself and another shootin mate checked&fed our maimais yeserday- birds bloody galore ,signs of mrs piggy&the kids strollin through for a spot of kai,and oh so glorious a huge v formation of singing honkas graced the rakaia sky.I msure it was the duckshooters chorus they were practising.
    Iarsed up into a wee hole i was checking out giving my .223 a bath so its for the big strip /clean today.
    we must have put close on 50-60 birds off our wee pond as we arrived ,and they were bloody keen to return too!
    arsed up between you and croc boy im runnin a bloody invalids camp for ageing duck hunters tho i include myself in there to and ando. although he,s as fit as a buck rat now despite his shoulder. think ryans the only fully mobile fully healthy bugger in our crew

[img][/img]
    deep hole short hunter you decide
    Breda, gadgetman, Toby and 1 others like this.

Over my gumboots
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Just another outdoors addict
    Sometimes it doesn't matter how high your waders are, how long your gumboots are or even how deep the water is!

Sometimes people just want to make you smile or roar with laughter.....
    Dundee, Gibo and gsp follower like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Allen View Post
    Sometimes it doesn't matter how high your waders are, how long your gumboots are or even how deep the water is!

Sometimes people just want to make you smile or roar with laughter.....
    thats not a water rat,[ heading for a mouthful of behind] right behind him is it

Name:  orignal.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  272.0 KB

Blond duck from last season
    Breda and gsp follower like this.

Love the look on the dog- "what you up to human"? Neat looking duck making a stunning brace Prattpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    [img][/img]
    deep hole short hunter you decide
    thats me in the black ,but im buggered if i know whats in me mouth..incidentally this is a cracker long stretch of water ive nicknamed the carrier deck.on dusk those mallards line up like f18s before droppin in -unaware that theres a battery of guns to negotiate.If GSPF would saod off for 30mins id fit an arrestor cord across the bloody thing to tripa smart mallard or two up and give us an advantage.
    my wee possie is at the head of this and is a rather deep hole needing virtually a STOL effort from the mallards . they obviously vbloody like it cause the cackle comin from overhead as they try to entice us to piss off sharpish has to be heard to be believed!! Im in throes of riggin a movement line for our pond.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    thats not a water rat,[ heading for a mouthful of behind] right behind him is it
    Gumboot
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by prattpoint View Post
    Attachment 35759

Blond duck from last season
    oih you human! yes you! move on nothing to see ,jobs done ,get ma drift!!!!

As a bit of a twist on the thread title it really was killing time on a recent outing to check out a couple of pozzies. With the Ruger along for a bit of pest control I happened upon this wonderfully conditioned young spiker feeding and blissfully unaware of my presence. I was getting a little edgy with an inconsistent breeze and his swede partially obscured for the best part of a minute and a half. With tiring arms it was finally time to touch the trigger- instant hooves up. Freezer was starting to develop an eco, so this was right on queue. Thats opening weekend tucker sorted!

Munsey, Toby, Gibo and 1 others like this.

squire -that bugger may have migrated from our wee ponds on the mainland!cracker effort though -keep upthe good work ,and heres to hot barrells willing birds and more pies for max!

Good work Tim

Not long now

Countdown to 2. Mai 2015 in Wellington
    gsp follower likes this.
    CFD