Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: no lead from 2021

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  532.0 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  1.06 MB

Ejected
    hahaha Looks like I've shot my last opening, but frankly I couldn't give a shit. Duck numbers have been dropping down here for years INCLUDING southland. Ponds etc that used to shoot very well were a total write off this opening in the heart of southland So southland f&g should pull their fucking collective heads out of their arses and wake up.
    It's more like duckshooters are the sacrificial lambs so they can get more for fishers. Just saying...

If the cock smokers at f&g think I'm not going to kill rabbits around waterways with lead they are sadly mistaken. If they even set foot on a property I'm working they will be charged under the H&S act.

Happy enough to use it on pigeons also.....430 picked up after a mornings shoot, both 12G and 20G steel 7's
    were they paying for the pleasure
    Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    By my recollection, 20G and 12G steel target loads have been available in NZ since late 2010. At about $120/slab I didn't think it was too expensive?

Have used it at both private and public clay-shoots, with no issue after explaining what it was.

Happy enough to use it on pigeons also.....430 picked up after a mornings shoot, both 12G and 20G steel 7's.
    yes but I bet you get the clay stuff via guy as he imports shitloads .
    does he have any plans to add waterfowl loads to the mix??
    Have used it at both private and public clay-shoots, with no issue after explaining what it was.
    so just to be clear you used it to shoot skeet and down the line sporting with no problems??
    no telling you to bugger off cos it richochets of the clay houses??
    3" Steel Magnum Waterfowl 35gram Steel 2 3/4" 35 gram FPS1350 Steel 2 3/4" 32 gram FPS1450 3" Steel Magnum Waterfowl 35gram Steel 2 3/4" 35 gram FPS1350 Steel 2 3/4" 32 gram FPS1450 $145.00 $129.00 $125.00 ___________________________ Sign Up! Click here to sign up to receive our newsletters and specials by email
    the maimai supplies the other main importer of nsi ammo shows no 20 gauge steel??trap or hunting
    We are able to ship items using Mainfreight and Toll to your nearest main centre.

Before we can ship any ammo, rifles or shotguns we do require you to complete the Police Mail Order Form that can be obtained from any Police Station or downloaded from our site. This needs to be completed at the Police Station and the Police Officer will then scan the form direct to us once it has been verified.

Freight varies from area to area so contact us to get the most up to date freight price to your area.
    don't forget there is a multi case minimum order to same as there would be to import it think the hull man 3500 rounds.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 11-06-2017 at 01:35 PM.

You really do make a lot of assumptions kwb. Why direct import and just piss off the local importer? The 20G Gamebore Supersteel (or name something like that) was available from Kilwell. B&P stuff from ammo-NZ, and NSI from Maimai Supplies.

Simulated and sporting clays. They don't use Trap or Skeet fields.

I get that you're desperate to make the whole steel 20G thing as arduous as possible and make out the somehow F&G have got it in for you or some shit. But really kwb, you're gonna need to pull your head out of your own arse long enough to get a glimpse of the reality that is currently in front of you. Either adapt and enjoy your sport, or keep ahold of your old ways and get left behind. The choice really is yours.

You really do make a lot of assumptions kwb. Why direct import and just piss off the local importer? The 20G Gamebore Supersteel (or name something like that) was available from Kilwell. B&P stuff from ammo-NZ, and NSI from Maimai Supplies.

I get that you're desperate to make the whole steel 20G thing as arduous as possible and make out the somehow F&G have got it in for you or some shit. But really kwb, you're gonna need to pull your head out of your own arse long enough to get a glimpse of the reality that is currently in front of you. Either adapt and enjoy your sport, or keep ahold of your old ways and get left behind. The choice really is yours.
    While I would agree with your sentiments regarding steel, here is the direct quote from the rules of nzcta ( http://www.nzclaytarget.org.nz/cmafi...20book%202.pdfso no steel on their grounds for practice.

4-13
    Cartridges.
    a)
    Before shooting the length of the cartridge
    must not exceed standard specifications of
    70mm.
    b)
    Shot loads must not exceed 28 grams. A loading tolerance of 0.5 grams will be permitted.
    c)
    Pellets must be only spherical in shape, made
    of lead or lead alloy, and not larger than
    2.5mm for DTL, Skeet and Sporting events.
    Shot may be plated.
    d)
    Black powder, tracer, incendiary or other specialty type cartridges and steel shot are prohibited
    To be fair I have never found any sub guage non toxic available here locally in my region nor were any sotres very helpful. I would like to try it if only I could get it. I'm only a casual duckshooter so would not be buying more than 2-3 boxes a year unlike for clays ammo which would be 2 slabs a month
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yup, the NZCTA regs mean you've got to seek out alternative grounds. I've never had a problem finding such up here, a mix of private and public membership associations.

your so fulla shit gq your eyes are brown,
    killwell lists no 20 gauge steel nor does nz ammo co or ammo nz or tom dick and fuckin harry incorporated.
    the only place your using steel clay loads is setups like treetops guys [where you undoubtabley get yours from]or practise shoots at those type of setups
    I,l have no choice but to adapt but just cos you used to be something in F&g don't try and make out its for our own good and it,l be easy .
    blake likes this.

Just to clear up a few things for the likes of KWB. There are no minimums required for the importers as far as what their suppliers will provide. I enquired when we were debating this down here originally. In terms of their ordering most will be putting in orders for next season before the end of this season. There'll likely be more choice next season as a result of the rules being indicated now. There is time and if the market demand is there there'll be a supply. One of the big distributors, not a shop, said he'd bring in even one case if I wanted, I just had to do it through a shop on their order so they weren't seen to be cutting out their client. I've personally used Gamebore and Winchester steel in a sub gauge and found it to be fine. You can also find me on Facebook shooting geese with an ounce load of steel 7s! As a result I won't be selling my 20 gauge.

This bullocks about needing to practice with steel on an NZCTA ground is even more crap. The only possible difference between lead and steel when it comes to getting your eye in is velocity. All you need is a lead load doing similar to the steel load you use. Even then though its mostly in your head. I shoot AA grade in skeet and sporting with lead doing 1200fps. My hunting steel load is doing 1450fps and I can't tell any real difference switching between game and clays. It might be 6 inches difference in lead, within a pattern thats a couple of feet wide. Hunters who switch between lead and steel now when they shoot over land don't seem to have many problems. The only difference is that birds decoying well are miles slower than clay targets and you actually need less lead. You can't learn that on clays, especially DTL or skeet with driven targets. That comes from time in the field and choosing your shots. Learn to hunt, learn to shoot and move on.
    Last edited by Mike H; 12-06-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    Nathan F, gqhoon and Micky Duck like this.

In terms of their ordering most will be putting in orders for next season before the end of this season
    MM HOW MUCH PRE ORDERING IS THAT 12 MONTHS THAT DONT HAPPEN ACCORDING TO GQ
    One of the big distributors, not a shop, said he'd bring in even one case if I wanted]
    SWEET MIKE WHATS YOU SUPPLIERS NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS I,L GIVE HIM A YELL.
    IM SURE HE WONT MIND SHIPPING FROM SOUTHLAND CAN I USE SOUTHLAND F&G AS A REFERENCE
    This bullocks about needing to practice with steel on an NZCTA ground is even more crap
    just as well a cos you cant
    so practise makes perfect is conditional to
    ]There are no minimums required for the importers as far as what their suppliers will provide. I enquired when we were debating this down here originally. In terms of their ordering most will be putting in orders for next season before the end of this season. There'll likely be more choice next season as a result of the rules being indicated now. There is time and if the market demand is there there'll be a supply. One of the big distributors, not a shop, said he'd bring in even one case if I wanted,
    so barry fosters the hull agent iN Christchurch is a liar is he ??
    hunting and fishing to ??
    their exact words we have no plans to import 20 gauge steel nor have we imported any .
    the ad in the magazine was a mistake [3 inch blackcloud]
    whose next on the fizzhog fan club network paul??or guy.
    we had a 5 season phase in for the larger gauges and that took 3 years to get decent ammo 5 years by the time we figured out the so called experts were full of shit even tho they claimed to have used it extencively thru their sponsors and the bigger shot sizes were best.
    so 7 years on we finally got somewhere with it,
    I don't expect the subgauge story to go any better?
    those with 16,s and 28,s can forget any steel and any non toxic you will be able to get will be subject to massive prices and minimum orders.
    IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME BUT FIND GQ/MIKE/F&G BELIEVABLE JUST TRY YOUR LOCAL SUPPLIER YOURSELF.
    LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON.
    because your so diligent f&g mike and gq I bet you,ve spoken to target products and asked them to load or think about loading subgauge steel huh.
    adding it to their falcon line or importing fiocchi subgauge steel no .
    cos they don't plan to either
    Last edited by gsp follower; 12-06-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Switch to depleted uranium, its much heavier than lead and because its not lead it must be safe.

I think kwb used it as a young fella before switching to lead.
    gsp follower likes this.

and indent orders for ammo are completed at the end of the season, and all suppliers have plenty of time to get the first few pallets in time for next season.....and i'm sure i read it correctly that it is to be phased in over a few years anyway ??????

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    I think kwb used it as a young fella before switching to lead.
    very good kawhia
    the cost and availability between du and subgauge non toxic will be about the same.
    still waiting on that saint of a suppliers details mike MIKE you there mike

I'm not even going to give KWB the decency of a complete response until I can interpret his diatribe. He must spend a lot of time hacking up people's responses into separate quotes.

As for Hull, they're a small player here so there may be restrictions on them. One of the suppliers I've talked to actually supplies H & F, another one, one of my good friends works for as a rep, can't get a much better source than that. As to naming them I'm not going to just so he can go annoy the shit out of them. Time will show me to be correct and arguing with a nobody on here won't achieve much.

I can understand Target Products not getting into the market. Its going to be a smaller market than it is now as most of the sub gauge guys are just going to go back to a 12 gauge. Then again you probably wouldn't have bet on them making steel target ammo but yet they do.