Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: An open letter to Fish and Game

Name:  IMG_20170516_171339.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  509.8 KB
    EeeBees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    Back in your uncles day
    Oh how patronising ... you forgot to mention just how big some herds are ... some are in excess of 2000+ ... for crying out loud ...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

C'est plus facile de juger un juge que de juger un chien!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs dundee View Post
    Went out for a duck shoot tonight with mr dundee,nice and peaceful out their,some swans flew over to high,,so miss our dog jess,all good.Attachment 68879
    I reiterate I hear that

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    the farmers party say it aint so.
    but on the upside they've kicked in 400 mill so every sodbuster or goat rustler can irrigate

damned elected officials always trying to fix shit and make money.
    be better if they were government appointed like ecan a???

I get that but does this come under areas that just shouldn't be farmed for the good of everybody???
    I'm sorry 7mmwsm but you find little sympathy from me that your party is directing you further down the dogs udder for a change.
    not after they,ve fucked just about everyone else over first.
    I'm sure you,l be right after all the pms a farmer to and several others to.
    I presume your comments are 100% sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I presume your comments are 100% sarcasm.
    60/40 maybe
    you have to admit tho your almost as popular as foreingers as far as looking after you goes.
    hell they even put up a hundred grand so you could go goose hunting.
    but I gather the rebellion is gathering speed as it would appear our youth don't want to be upto their armpits in cowshit or doffing their forelocks to overseas visitors.
    why should any of us be made to feel like slaves and strangers in their own damn country no wonder they,re all getting stoned.
    take out the ratbag element and you got a core of those with no hope little future and no direction from this mob.
    after all the poor and desperate are the new growth market.

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Oh how patronising ... you forgot to mention just how big some herds are ... some are in excess of 2000+ ... for crying out loud ...
    Did you read the post I was quoting?
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

60/40 maybe
    you have to admit tho your almost as popular as foreingers as far as looking after you goes.
    hell they even put up a hundred grand so you could go goose hunting.
    but I gather the rebellion is gathering speed as it would appear our youth don't want to be upto their armpits in cowshit or doffing their forelocks to overseas visitors.
    why should any of us be made to feel like slaves and strangers in their own damn country no wonder they,re all getting stoned.
    take out the ratbag element and you got a core of those with no hope little future and no direction from this mob.
    after all the poor and desperate are the new growth market.
    Please explain how I am "almost as popular as a foreigner".

no your right your more popular.
    who other than farmers get the tax breaks irrigation subcidies or drought /flood /any major wheather event help first.

Could you please provide details (including dollar amounts) for these "tax breaks irrigation subcidies or drought /flood /any major wheather event help first".

I want to believe you, but it's hard without cold hard facts. Links to web pages or copy and paste will be fine to save duplication.

who other than farmers get the tax breaks irrigation subcidies or drought /flood /any major wheather event help first.

Please answer the question about me with some facts.

Environmental expenditure

Changes have been made to ensure that all business operating costs, including those for dealing with environmental issue, are taken into consideration in calculating taxable income, and that the timing of such deductions is appropriate
    Most businesses incur expenses when generating income and most of these can be deducted from its income to arrive at its net profit or taxable income. It is on this amount that you pay income tax. Certain business expenses that are paid for out of business income cannot be claimed as allowable business ]
    irrigation equipment cowsheds farm vhicles ??
    Inland Revenue considers updating farmhouse expenses rules
    14 October 2016

Inland Revenue is looking to bring tax accounting practice regarding farmhouse expenses into line with the law.

This is all part of a review of out-dated practices and policies.

The practice of full-time farmers deducting 25% of farmhouse expenses without needing to provide evidence of their business use has been accepted by the department since the 1960s.

Farmers have also been able to deduct 100% of rates bills and interest costs on loans.

Inland Revenue Group Tax Counsel Graham Tubb said this has allowed some farmers to claim deductions for private spending.

Under proposals that go out for consultation today, the farmhouse adjustment will more strictly follow the law so farmers are treated like other businesses.

It’s suggested that farms, where the cost of the farmhouse is less than 20% of the total value of the farm, will still be able to claim a 100% deduction on interest costs.

However, deductions on rates related to the house and general farmhouse expenses would be at a new flat rate of 15% unless the taxpayer can provide evidence to substantiate a higher claim.

It’s going to be generally business as usual for large farms except the automatic deduction will be based on 15% of farmhouse costs rather than the previous 25%.

“We see the proposed rule changes mostly affecting smaller operations or lifestyle blocks.

“These concessions have been able to be applied even in cases where farming isn’t the household’s main source of income and that’s not in keeping with the intent of the rule.

Other industries have long had to provide evidence of business use when using their house for work purposes so it’s only fair and equitable that farming gets the same treatment.”

Where the cost of the farmhouse is valued at more than 20% of the total farm’s value, then deductions can only be claimed on expenses attributable to actual business use.

The rules would only affect farms being run by sole traders or in partnership. Those in trusts or companies are subject to different regimes.

Business deductions certainly remain under these proposals but we’re looking to remove the practice of using the farm to claim for private spending.”

“We have already spoken with Federated Farmers and other industry groups in determining our revised position. However, we look forward to receiving submissions from farmers and their accountants affected by the change.”

The changes will apply from the start of the 2017-18 year after submissions have been considered.

The consultation document can be read online and the deadline for submissions is December 22.

Media contact:
    Baden Campbell
    I'm sure no evidence of the 400 mill irri fund is needed for you.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 20-05-2017 at 02:25 PM.

It appears that you think I am a dairy farmer who irrigates.
    And I would presume you think that farming is the only industry which has tax deductible expenses. It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    It appears that you think I am a dairy farmer who irrigates.
    And I would presume you think that farming is the only industry which has tax deductible expenses. It's not.
    not at all crop farmers irrigate as do sheep and beef.
    but you are a farmer with all the other benefits and yes seasonal pit falls that go with it??
    Farmers have also been able to deduct 100% of rates bills and interest costs on loans.
    don't even get me started on depreciation

What depreciation? Houses and farms have never cost so much to buy in this country!
    veitnamcam likes this.

Fair enough, the house deduction side of things is the only deduction that I can think of that doesn't apply to other businesses. Given that farm houses are typically used for farms meetings as farm office and their value is a lot less than an urban home, I'm not sure it's significant enough to justify you attitude.

Could I please some more details on the '400 mill irri fund' and also an explanation on the difference between a 'subsidy' and an 'investment' and how the terms could/should be applied to this fund.

You still need to provide details on "drought /flood /any major wheather event help first"