Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Opening morning cook-up

I assume you mean duck recipes, and mine would be to slice the breast meat across the grain into approx 10mm thick slices. Take some flour in a plastic bag ( season with whatever - even a bit of curry powder) and chuck the slices in the bag. Shake it round to coat all the duck bits. Whisk up an egg in a cup, and dredge the duck bits in that, then coat with breadcrumbs. Fry these up and dip in some sweet chilli sauce. Oh yeah - num num num. They are awesome cold as well.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Lentil that sounds yummy,im going to make duck patties with my new burger press,so mr dundee might get some to take with him.

Tools not Toys
    We run an all day deepfry/bbq. Veni backstrap, lamb chops, paua patties and squidrings are the favourites, after bluff oysters by the doz both raw with a dash of vinegar and then lightly battered and fried. Gout is a serious possibility, even though 30 is the oldest among us. Enjoy opening and stay safe all.
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Fuck can I come down?
    Only if you bring your own toilet paper and spade

Quote Originally Posted by hanse View Post
    We run an all day deepfry/bbq. Veni backstrap, lamb chops, paua patties and squidrings are the favourites, after bluff oysters by the doz both raw with a dash of vinegar and then lightly battered and fried. Gout is a serious possibility, even though 30 is the oldest among us. Enjoy opening and stay safe all.
    I have a americian turkey cooker, basically a bloody big gas burner under a bloody big pot. Deep fried turkey ( 30-40 mins all done) is great. Have done a leg of lamb, and was brilliant. Chicken wings, chips, bacon, bread etc... All great.
    Havent tried oysters (as like them raw with nothing), but would cook them well for hethens.
    The big key is the power of the burner. Ie you need to keep the oil temp up when adding stuff. If it drops to much, you get gresey food.

Then swap the oil for a water based mix (potatoes, chillis, salt, etc... ) and all kinds of stuff in it. Bloody great device
    hanse likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    what ever is in the menu at the Horse shoe tavern
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

R93
    Wild pork bacon. (Have)
    Eggs Benedict with asparagus or spinach and wild caught salmon (don't have this year yet) so might have to buy farm shit.😆

Fed the ponds yesty and they are looking good.....But they did as well last year before the season and did not produce as they normally do until later.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    gsp follower likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Wild pork bacon. (Have)
    Eggs Benedict with asparagus or spinach and wild caught salmon (don't have this year yet) so might have to buy farm shit.��

Fed the ponds yesty and they are looking good.....But they did as well last year before the season and did not produce as they normally do until later.

wild pork bacon is definetly on my to do list.
    high cholesterol appointment today or not
    smoked duck breast aint to shabby either

R93
    We had the bacon done locally and it is bloody tasty but you need too cook it till crisp.
    Otherwise it is a tad chewy. Could be the animal tho.

Really good in B&E pie as well.

We have a full time cook making us food on the bbq - bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, baked beans, steak and bread etc. The girls and kids pop down at lunch to see how we are going and always bring scones with jam and cream or pikelets. Then they cook us a big feed, normally a roast for when we arrive back to the house after dark. Sorted!
    outdoorlad likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentil View Post
    I assume you mean duck recipes, and mine would be to slice the breast meat across the grain into approx 10mm thick slices. Take some flour in a plastic bag ( season with whatever - even a bit of curry powder) and chuck the slices in the bag. Shake it round to coat all the duck bits. Whisk up an egg in a cup, and dredge the duck bits in that, then coat with breadcrumbs. Fry these up and dip in some sweet chilli sauce. Oh yeah - num num num. They are awesome cold as well.
    Yep, recipes like that was what I had in mind. Will make up a batch of flour and spice and take some eggs and bread crumbs with me for opening morning. Thanks for he tip. I've only ever had duck roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by hanse View Post
    Shit man I'm hungry now!!
    kiwijames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    We had the bacon done locally and it is bloody tasty but you need too cook it till crisp.
    Otherwise it is a tad chewy. Could be the animal tho.

Really good in B&E pie as well.

i like a bit of gum exerccise if you hadnt noticed
    never liked my bacon dried up and crispy.
    does wild pork make better ham or just different?

R93
    The best ham I have ever had was from a wild pig that lived in the tussock. Dunno if it was a fluke or not but it was seriously good.
    But to answer you question, I would say neither is better. Just different imo.

gsp follower likes this.

With all this food around ,when do you guys get time to shoot duck?????
    EeeBees likes this.