Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Is that a pukeko or a Takahe Oooops!

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Good luck with that. As far as i can tell, they've committed no offence under the Arms Act. The 7 Basic Rules aren't legislation, and the only one of them that it is a direct offence to break is the drugs/alcohol one. They appear to have committed an offence under the Wildlife Act, and since it was part of an organised NZDA activity, their liability insurance should kick in to cover the hefty fine.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    and since it was part of an organised NZDA activity Nope it was a DOC organised activity. The NZDA weren't being paid, neither were the volunteers. DOC can carry it.
    veitnamcam and Reindeer like this.

Did DOC ask for a suspension of firearms licence when one of their own rangers shot a takahe a few years earlier?
    veitnamcam, H&K MAN, GSP and 4 others like this.

Legally I can't see them loosing there licence , but think they should ! . Reading that article if it was as DOC have stated regarding the briefing etc , you would have to be a complete moron to shoot a bird not on the wing . Would not want too share a roar block with them either
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    and since it was part of an organised NZDA activity Nope it was a DOC organised activity. The NZDA weren't being paid, neither were the volunteers. DOC can carry it.
    My mistake. I assumed DOC had commissioned NZDA to get some members together for the task.

[QUOTEIncidentally, we shoot and eat a lot of Pukeko and it is very nice. Pukeko soup is just as nice as chicken soup.][/QUOTE]

sorry woody id take some convincing
    the only way your gonna change doc is to change the people who ultimately tell it what to do.
    really chain gangs to do the track cutting and other work ??
    sounds like a recipe for more cave creeks and dodgy work.
    and this is the outfit who would like to take over f&g not fn likely.
    theres over excited nobs in every sport and i hope this is all it was rather than deliberate which i doubt.
    maggie barry? really ??as if nick smith wasnt enough of a twat everything he touches turns to shite.
    as i said doc claims poverty and no budget but they seem able to come up with dough to join joint venture buy ups of surrounding land on our biggest south island lake and others.??
    biodiversity seems to only count with species they like? it should be the department of preservation not conservation .
    game species were gifted to the nation and as the follower of the forest service they should be managing them .
    if they cant which is glaringly obvious get the fuck out the way and allow someone else to do it with your input not interference .
    veitnamcam and Woody like this.

It appears to my limited intelligence that the Dept of Corruption set this whole episode up to fail!!!!
    Why would you ask a deer stalker's fraternity to do a job that should really have been offered to Fish & Game and had experienced wing shooters who know the difference between flying birds & road runners?????

I'll bet that the dept of Constipation's propaganda Dept is killing itself laughing about another blow for the tree hugging brigade and more demerit points for us hunters ( of all varieties).

Lie in bed with the enemy & you get up with fleas!!!!

And maggots and probably communicable diseases