Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: 1080 KILLING FISH

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Can you find medical practitioners who say they are ill from alien abductions ?

I can find politician's who claim 1080 poison is no more harmful than a bag of salt and vinegar chips too!
    Do you believe politicians too?
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Just wait till an overseas country we export meat and milk to, tests the product and finds traces of 1080.
    NZ will be stuffed overnight.
    The paradox is that the same is likely to happen if we don’t control TB vectors with 1080.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I can find you people who claim to be ill because of alien abductions too
    I never got sick. I'm pretty sure I got tampered with tho😨

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Toby likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Women fall ill after 1080 drop

Just one example and they didn't even eat any, of course they were immediately discredited by the powers that be as being in the wrong place but their camera logged gps position.'
    This is just what we are hearing now despite the best efforts ( to keep all reporting peachy)of those looking after our(their own) best interests.
    Another 20-30 years and mark my words all sorts of public health issues will be traced back to 1080.
    And the link to 1080 is? A couple of chicks got crook and there was a 1080 drop? Give them the Noble Prize in medical discoveries cause they are onto something there.

Fuck my cook gets crook all the time too or is 1080 the only possible disease in the world? I'm not pro the stuff nor am I anti.
    I am definitely anti dumb-shit though and I have yet to see an argument that conclusively supports an anti 1080 stance.
    Savage1 and carlhurley like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

There's other ways to control the pests besides using 1080.

TB control is just a small part of the drops. Most is for "conservation" apparently. Even if the drops kill most of what DoC are trying to conserve.

"DoC - putting the con in conservation"
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Politely, bollocks all round, you may now return to the echo chamber

TB control is just a small part of the drops. Most is for "conservation" apparently. Even if the drops kill most of what DoC are trying to conserve.

Youv’e been tainted by Marty Foote

What a steaming pile.
    Please enlighten us with these cost effective measures you espouse to control TB, reduce vegetation browse and add by-kill of bird predators?
    The AHB and councils must love DOC carrying the can on this one.

I'm afraid all that article does is back up kiwijames point about misinformation, rhetoric and emotion from the antis.
    Where is the clinical FACT that the ladies liver function is directly related to exposure to pesticide.
    As far as the fish go,
    Water breaks down and neutralises 1080 very rapidly, a very desirable quality as far as pesticides go. Fish generally have a high tolerance to 1080. It would be interesting to know how quickly fish can metabolise a sub lethal dose as compared to mammals.
    However, we all know 1080 can persist at toxic levels in the carcasses of poisoned mammals given the right conditions (cold & dry) for weeks maybe even months.
    Last edited by Moutere; 27-09-2014 at 08:37 AM.

You are dangerously wrong on an important fact Motere, and echoing the usual misinformation and spin from the poisoning vested interests.

1080 can last decades in cold clean water and retain its lethality over that long period of time. 1080 does not break down is clean water. Bacterial action , provided water is warm and the correct (and rare in NZ) bacteria are present, might break down 1080 over time.

The two ladies who are ill are being subjected to intensive medical scrutiny at present, after initially having being subjected to ridicule by the poisoners as to their story and their location. It is proven they were telling the truth and the poisoners tried hard to cover their own arses; and at the expense of the reputations and well being of the victims.

Bear in mind, that foreign tourists or children can easily enter areas past warning signs even were drops are well posted and are always a risk factor. If the government persists in lethally poisoning massive areas of publicly accessible land and water then there is obviously an on-going risk that somebody is going to become a victim and it is beyond time when this needs to be recognised.

The DoC warning about potential toxicity of trout is responsible and accurate. It is the unfortunate heading to this thread which is misleading.

In the meantime, the pristine streams and lands of NZ are being polluted and poisoned by nothing less than an extreme and unrealistic tactic; namely the broadcasting of one of the most deadly poisons known to man.

Cheers--

Whose spinning now.

I'm with Woody on this one.

Moutere probably works for DOC internet defense force.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    You are dangerously wrong on an important fact Motere, and echoing the usual misinformation and spin from the poisoning vested interests.

1080 can last decades in cold clean water and retain its lethality over that long period of time. 1080 does not break down is clean water. Bacterial action , provided water is warm and the correct (and rare in NZ) bacteria are present, might break down 1080 over time.

The two ladies who are ill are being subjected to intensive medical scrutiny at present, after initially having being subjected to ridicule by the poisoners as to their story and their location. It is proven they were telling the truth and the poisoners tried hard to cover their own arses; and at the expense of the reputations and well being of the victims.

Bear in mind, that foreign tourists or children can easily enter areas past warning signs even were drops are well posted and are always a risk factor. If the government persists in lethally poisoning massive areas of publicly accessible land and water then there is obviously an on-going risk that somebody is going to become a victim and it is beyond time when this needs to be recognised.

The DoC warning about potential toxicity of trout is responsible and accurate. It is the unfortunate heading to this thread which is misleading.

In the meantime, the pristine streams and lands of NZ are being polluted and poisoned by nothing less than an extreme and unrealistic tactic; namely the broadcasting of one of the most deadly poisons known to man.

Cheers--

[citation needed]
    Savage1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    [citation needed]
    Desperately
    carlhurley likes this.

I guess its a good thing birds like wood pidgoen,rifleman and fantail are off the menu then.............. god knows whats in them