Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 2016 Opening Day

Hi guys
    Opening weekend , fizing with excitement round here/school holidays off to the shop on Friday to get a couple of new rods, gear , licence etc thought we where all set got over to the pommy Friday arvo & shock horror the river was turd brown !! yet we haven't had barely enough rain to wet the drive in 3 weeks so opted for another plan carried on north for the clutha , really nice place to camp though there was plenty of lightning & thunder way in the distance didn't worry us to much though as we had enough time to light the fire cook tea & get some milk worms , pluss plenty of fish were rising rite infront of camp , the girls were at me to put the rods in but iv gone soft these days "didn't want to break the rules" so we settled on a few bourbons instead & went to bed.Name:  IMG_0393 (Copy).JPG
Views: 153
Size:  103.7 KB

Alarm set for 7 woke upto no rain or wind but very disappointed the river was dirty still the girls wernt to worried still having fun so cooked breke , tossed the lines in but I wasn't surprised that we had no bites so I suggested we go back to another spot downstream that mite not be flooded (sidestream) so the youngest started winding in her rod & bingo a fish grabed it ..only small but it was her first so we were very pleased .
    next we setup in the side creek that was running clear managed onemore a bit bigger than the first & the bonus was it was the other daughter that caught it so all was well in the world again .Name:  IMG_0405 (Copy).JPG
Views: 141
Size:  118.1 KB

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.Cheers.
    P38, Tahr, veitnamcam and 5 others like this.

Milkworms?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Milkworms?
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  204.0 KB
    puku and veitnamcam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    fatties!

Our opening went good. Started by taking a mates two boys out for a hunt, shot a couple of spikers. Then fishing a nice piece of water that rarely sees fishermen. I managed 5 between 3 & 5lb and Tim nabbed 8 between 1 & 4lb for the day. Weather was primo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grim, P38, veitnamcam and 4 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    My new worm harvesting technique is to short an electric fence into the ground then pick them up.
    you dont even need to do that when it is nice and wet like it is at the mo, bury a garden fork into the ground upto the hilt and jiggle the handle backwards and forwards gently. Works suprprisingly well.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Our opening went good. Started by taking a mates two boys out for a hunt, shot a couple of spikers. Then fishing a nice piece of water that rarely sees fishermen. I managed 5 between 3 & 5lb and Tim nabbed 8 between 1 & 4lb for the day. Weather was primo.

Cut it out. Still bloody raining here ☹️
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Cut it out. Still bloody raining here ☹️
    We've had a ripper Spring in Southland so far. Got a couple of thunder storms and isolated showers in weekend but before that around six weeks without rain. Great doing stuff outdoors weather

kiwijames likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Smile says it all

Name:  IMG_0952.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  1,002.0 KBUltimately some team work led to this one firstly, he walked the 3 1/2 K to set up camp with a pack on in some pretty sticky stuff, i hooked it he played it with a lot of grunting for a good 5 minutes before handing me back the rod before yelling i'm going to get the net and taking off, the most aggressive heart stopping display of netmanship followed before i could calm him down enough to slip the net under her. I have never enjoyed catching a trout as much as that one or heard " its a good fish eh dad" repeated as many times as much in an hour. He caught a small one by himself in the morning and was good enough to let me net it for him.Unforgettable
    puku, veitnamcam, Dundee and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Attachment 56746Ultimately some team work led to this one firstly, he walked the 3 1/2 K to set up camp with a pack on in some pretty sticky stuff, i hooked it he played it with a lot of grunting for a good 5 minutes before handing me back the rod before yelling i'm going to get the net and taking off, the most aggressive heart stopping display of netmanship followed before i could calm him down enough to slip the net under her. I have never enjoyed catching a trout as much as that one or heard " its a good fish eh dad" repeated as many times as much in an hour. He caught a small one by himself in the morning and was good enough to let me net it for him.Unforgettable
    Awesome man, good memories for time to come. And a bloody nice fish to boot

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Sparrow likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

I had a flick but still dirty today.
    Name:  picture 9174.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  165.3 KBName:  picture 9173.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  164.4 KB
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive