Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree14466Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Waiting Waiting Waiting , Bloody Mate has slept in . His boat other wise id be gone
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

LOC

Fishing tomorrow!

no luck on the kings but quickly got our limit of scallops free diving in 5-6m. a hammerhead came near the boat while we were measuring the catch

Wildman, veitnamcam, R93 and 4 others like this.

Mmm scollies...I hope they are recovering here with the ban this season but I am sceptical.

Anyway off with Dad and my Son in the morning to see if I can make it 3 in a row on the snaps.
    puku and Munsey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Mmm scollies...I hope they are recovering here with the ban this season but I am sceptical.

Anyway off with Dad and my Son in the morning to see if I can make it 3 in a row on the snaps.
    Yea we did but only just.

Fishing was slow only one snap on the rod 3 on longline and a few gurnards and other randoms on rods.

Name:  x snapper.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  45.0 KB

Nothing better than a young fella and a fish! He looks pretty damn chuffed to! Gran dad , dad and the young bloke and a good snapper now that's a good days fishing
    Nil durum volenti !!

Best conditions yesterday , but fishing didn't go to plan . Lost a good fish that took a lure . Seen plenty of rat kingies ,but they where just content on sunbathing . So still haven't landed one this year .We got two blue cod which is a bonus for our area . Plenty of Hectors

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Caretaker
    Looks nice out there Munsey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Munsey likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Looks nic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't get it that good very often (especially a weekend) Was no wind at all , but 20 ks up the coast was blowing a Gale apparently
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Waiting Waiting Waiting , Bloody Mate has slept in . His boat other wise id be gone
    Is his boat locked or something? You could still just go.... .
    223nut likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Awesome mornings fishing with good barstard Stingray,boat back on the trailer by 10am I will let him put up a report.
    puku, Pengy, deer243 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Awesome mornings fishing with good barstard Stingray,boat back on the trailer by 10am I will let him put up a report.
    Yes well, I'm just please someone did OK. We won't mention the complete and utter shambles. One tyre blew on the motorway, the spare pooed itself about 2 kms later and then the battery in the truck decided to crap itself in symperthy. Started the truck alright this morning but not even turn it over after the second blow out.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Yes well, I'm just please someone did OK. We won't mention the complete and utter shambles. One tyre blew on the motorway, the spare pooed itself about 2 kms later and then the battery in the truck decided to crap itself in symperthy. Started the truck alright this morning but not even turn it over after the second blow out.

veitnamcam likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Firstly and as always a huge Thank you to VC!

I wish I had more photos and hope VC will post a couple to aid this yarn. Up at stupid o'clock this morning which meant VC was up at Oh dear god o'clock. He arrived at mine we loaded burley bait and tucker into the Fryan, out to the ramp headlights on ( cheers Gadgetman).

As they say life is an adventure, so into the darkness we went, VC going by experince and a GPS, we gently felt our way out into open water, we headed out quietly into a gentle roll and pitch black apart from the lights of the container ships on the horizon.
    Half an hour gone and dawn breaking we set to getting the hook line in the tide. That done we eased up dropped the anchour and burley.

I expected a the usaual sharking so had packed a thermos and large lunch box in advance! We were only half way through our first cup of tea/ coffee when VC got a hit. Then it all came on...no time for eating bullshiting or relaxing we were into them. Holy hell you would get a tap tap tap bite give it a strike and damn near every time the rod came up solid , drag screaming beautiful fat snapper.

Things eased off a bit so VC checked and reset the burly then it went from good to un bloody belieaveable, drop a line tap tap strike fish on, then nightmare in the middle of a hot bite I snagged a rat kingi ,,round VC round the burley line ...ahhhhh!! VC in his calm and dependable way, netted the offending fish cut my line and return to his fish and left me to rerig and to return to the fishing...

By then we had binned some very nice fish and with a hook line to recover we called it in the middle of the hottest snapper bite I've ever fished...over to the hook line ...a large shape came up to the surface a dirty great seven giller about 5 ft long... not to be out done 10 hooks later a bloody great bronze / ?(un sure of species ). VC in his generous manner suggested that it could keep the hook and tried to get a photo durning that time it snapped the trace and was gone.

With a enough fish to share with both families and friends we headed for home, in day light the channel and voyage out was seen by myself for the first time, a twisted narrow corridor that VC had run us through showed local knowledge is a key, also as we approached the sand bar VC in his dry humor says , "If it gets to shallow here you may need to get out and give us a push"...then you see the flying carpets of dozens of huge rays moving ahead of and away from the boat....ha bloody ha.

Back at the ramp whilst I wait for VC to get the truck, I enjoy a fight of godwits? Little brown looking oystercaters! And watch 2 inch long flounder move about at my feet! ..we do live in an amazing place filled with good barstards like VC and many others. What a day what and adventure. A truely magical memory!

Two of the nine we kept , not all were this big but great eaters. We took less than half our quota.
    Name:  IMG_1003.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  513.6 KB
    puku, Wildman, veitnamcam and 12 others like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

One of the first aboard

The average size was down a fair bit on previous trip bit these ones are the best eating anyway.

Bitey things eating snapper.

That was the small one I failed on the photo of the big fecker.

Awesome morning on the water cheers Stingray

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    puku, Wildman, gadgetman and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    You seem to have pissed off the fishing gods somehow alright,better luck next time
    gadgetman, stingray and mikee like this.