Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By stingray
  • 7 Post By stingray

Thread: Future fishing

Future fishing

A heads up...
    The future of recreational fisheries for around 600,000 New Zealanders will be the focus of an upcoming meeting in Nelson.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/n...g?cid=app-iPad

Not sure if we will be spoken at or asked for input and ideas, but I will be attending.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    please keep us up to date
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Nil durum volenti !!

Well a lot to take in, a very polished presentation. In a nut shell they are funded in part by Sir Douglas Myers and the final draft and report will in Nov be to the Minster of fisheries.

If you can attend please make the time to. My take on he whole thing .....this is a very basic over view and my personal take only.

They are looking to bring into exisistance a board to represent the rec fishers of NZ, not to take over the roll of fishing clubs and other red fish lobby groups etc but to help them legal advice and information. Their Project is based on what they seen in Western Australia fishing community. A lot more info than I can type here.

Yes they are searching avenues for funding, and are very awaere as soon as you mention a fishing licence shit hits the fan. So they are looking at a voluntary card, with loyalty perks, using the fact the fishing / outdoor company's and other comercial advertisers would seek to use the data base for advertising creating more income!

I have a shit ton of notes so here goes.
    This is a start point and they know it would not be perfect and required change but a collective voice is required. At present there is many differnt voices all pushing there own agendas , assist with legal advice to all
    would be independent of the MPI
    Advising the fishery Minster directly
    Recfishwest runs on $ 2mill per year, ( some debate over figures)
    Shared fishing allocation, they gave examples of dirffernt way allocation are happen around the world.

When MPI was set up the top three people had only 5 years of fishing experince between them.
    We rec fishers are very divided, they do not want to take over but help us become a collective voice.
    Help with research
    be accountable in regards to funds management

so my take overalll ...is this could be a start point again at present it is a privately funded and the their ideal is not more fish for all but more to maintain and recover the present fish stocks. Also increase the enjoyment of the fishing experince for the rec fisherman.

Is this a hunt for investment ..yes. ..do they have a plan ..yes ...are they looking to make profit from us ..no,

million dollar question ..would " I give them $20 per year? ...hand on heart ....Yes for 10 years I would.

Was this a comercial v rec v customary beat up ...no ..it is about ...(in my view) getting a professional voice to achive better funding research/ seeding programmes.

A hell of a lot more was said and is bouncing around in my brain ...alas I'm not a writer or debater ..I see what they have envisioned and they and I both know the flaws , roadblocks and pit falls.

this project will take some determined souls.

Yes references to F&G , big game council were made..there was no shaming or blaming.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Thanks for that Stingray.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Woo hoo Douglas Myers will be talking to them today and thanking them. Not to Douglas as sadly he passed away a few months ago, but obviously his legacy live on. His Trust's do heaps of great work, I wasn't aware of this one thou.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"