Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New boat incoming

  1. #1
    Member hunter308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,071

    New boat incoming

    Finally get to own my very first boat the bank granted me a loan to get my self a 3.9M boat and trailer package with 15hp outboard from fish city as well as consolidating a couple of long standing credit card type (q card and Forlongs) debts into something that was easier for me to manage at a lower interest rate. so now I have myself something I can go and putt around kawhia harbour, tauranga and the hauraki gulf to get access to better fishing grounds as well as surfcasting trips on the south side of kawhia entrance
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT


    To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals
    .

  2. #2
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,232
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Finally get to own my very first boat the bank granted me a loan to get my self a 3.9M boat and trailer package with 15hp outboard from fish city as well as consolidating a couple of long standing credit card type (q card and Forlongs) debts into something that was easier for me to manage at a lower interest rate. so now I have myself something I can go and putt around kawhia harbour, tauranga and the hauraki gulf to get access to better fishing grounds as well as surfcasting trips on the south side of kawhia entrance
    Can be a slippery slope that.....I started with a free dingy and a free non going 2hp.....probably 30k later I still havent caught a legal kingfish!

    Enjoy your new boat, thrash it mercilessly every chance you get and wash/flush it well and it will look after you.
    Timmay, Munsey, stingray and 3 others like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  3. #3
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    14,104
    Happy fishing 308, good to hear from you!
    gadgetman likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  4. #4
    Member hunter308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Happy fishing 308, good to hear from you!
    Yeah I have been a bit of a stranger maca been busy working my arse off I don't hunt or shoot anymore and I am a lot happier with a fishing rod in my hand these days
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT


    To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals
    .

  5. #5
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,232
    Oh and
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  6. #6
    Member hunter308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Oh and
    You will have to be patient and wait till Tuesday when I pick up the boat they have ordered a trailer with a spring kit on it so the boat is not banged around on the trailer while travelling, the trailers in those packages have no shock absorption in them as they were meant for short trips from home to the ramp so I got a free suspension upgrade as well as a few other freebies and a wicked discount on a lowrance hook 7 gps and fish finder, and I upgraded the motor from 15hp to 30hp so I can use it to dredge for scallops during the season as well as go fishing outside the east coast harbours. I only had to make up $73 difference out of $15K the whole lot with out discounts and freebies would have been damn near $17K, for a 12 footer it has a 1.83M beam on it.
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT


    To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals
    .

  7. #7
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,264
    I always found I catch more fish in small boats (under 14ft), but way more knackered afterwards due the battering. My buddy that I often go fishing with has just bought a fucking enormous Surtees 7 odd meter thing, so the joke is we're going to go and not catch fuck all, further away hahahahaha
    veitnamcam and Beaker like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  8. #8
    Member sometimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    365
    nice

  9. #9
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,232
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    You will have to be patient and wait till Tuesday when I pick up the boat they have ordered a trailer with a spring kit on it so the boat is not banged around on the trailer while travelling, the trailers in those packages have no shock absorption in them as they were meant for short trips from home to the ramp so I got a free suspension upgrade as well as a few other freebies and a wicked discount on a lowrance hook 7 gps and fish finder, and I upgraded the motor from 15hp to 30hp so I can use it to dredge for scallops during the season as well as go fishing outside the east coast harbours. I only had to make up $73 difference out of $15K the whole lot with out discounts and freebies would have been damn near $17K, for a 12 footer it has a 1.83M beam on it.
    Good stuff.

    I wouldnt buy any trailer without suspension and I live less than 2km from a ramp.

    5hp would tow your dredge fine but the 30 will be great for when you and a large mate go fishing with all your gear,60-80l chilly with baits ,salt ice ,burly,drinks,food,long line,floats ,traces,weights,anchors,cray pots,cookers,life jackets,flares,oars,anchors ropes ,lines, radios, gps it just goes on and on.
    15 would struggle good call on the upgrade.

    Also good call on the gps sounder, in a small boat you need to be able to mark channels, holes and bars so travel in dark/fog is less exciting/expensive.....the advantage of small boats is getting in and out of shallow water bits.....expect to mark your prop....just dont fuck it bit of rubbing on sand you will get away with but if its a rocky bottom get out with the oars. I treat props as consumables on both my boats simply because of where i fish/launch.
    puku, stingray and Beaker like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  10. #10
    Member hunter308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I always found I catch more fish in small boats (under 14ft), but way more knackered afterwards due the battering. My buddy that I often go fishing with has just bought a fucking enormous Surtees 7 odd meter thing, so the joke is we're going to go and not catch fuck all, further away hahahahaha
    I was out on an old 12ft ramco ranger last saturday with a mate of mine he borrowed the dinghy off a mate of his by the end of the day I could not wait to get out of the bloody thing and when I stood up I was as stiff as a sailboard and still bloody sore the next day including my arse from sitting on an aluminium bench seat all day.
    My boat has got plastic swivel seats a nice flat floor and a 1.8 meter beam as stated in a previous post which gives extra width to the boat (I wouldn't class this one as just a dinghy) and a gullwing style hull with wide chines and a shallower v in the transom area to give nice stability when on anchor and meant to give a softer ride when moving, dead rise is 11 degrees variable. In fact the FC boats have received a lot of praise on the fishing.net forums, another boat shop in hamilton had a second hand FC390 on their yard last week and was sold 3 days after they had put it on the yard so they are quite popular.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT


    To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals
    .

  11. #11
    Member hunter308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Oh and
    It now has a pic
    Name:  boat 2.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  537.6 KB
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT


    To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals
    .

  12. #12
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    16,232
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    It now has a pic
    Attachment 66611
    Good shit

    I am in the starting blocks of building my own dingy, it wont be as pretty as yours but should be just as practical and suit my individual needs better.

    Hope to see some fishing reports from you soon
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  13. #13
    Member hunter308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Good shit

    I am in the starting blocks of building my own dingy, it wont be as pretty as yours but should be just as practical and suit my individual needs better.

    Hope to see some fishing reports from you soon
    Lets see what happens this weekend, BTW the beam width on this one is 1.83 meters, dead rise is 11 degrees variable, draft 300mm, gunnel height is 550mm (and filled with closed cell foam chips to act like pontoons if the boat ever gets totally swamped), gull wing style hull with medium v and extra wide chines in the transom area and positive bouyancy under the floor if you are looking for some ideas for your dinghy build for extra stability. The live bait tank is passive which means you can leave the drain bung out and the tank will only go up to the waterline of the boat and no more, it has a drain bung each side of the tank and one at the front that you can take out for washing down to get rid of the water from the livie tank you just start the boat and take off once water is gone put bung back in and head for the ramp . The ally is around 3mm thick on this one and there is not one rivet holding things in place it has been fully seam welded all the way around including rod holders
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT


    To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals
    .

  14. #14
    Member Chur Bay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    192
    Cool boats. Fishing Weapons is what they are. I have a 430.
    hunter308 likes this.

  15. #15
    Member hunter308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    Cool boats. Fishing Weapons is what they are. I have a 430.
    I would have been keen on the 430 this is all I could afford this round as the old saying goes start small and work your way up
    gadgetman likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT


    To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals
    .

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Name the Boat
    By 199p in forum Off topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-03-2016, 08:28 PM
  2. Hello from a incoming immagrant from SA
    By Milan501 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 03:10 PM
  3. Boat
    By longrange308 in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 24-01-2014, 08:24 PM
  4. Incoming notifications
    By Pengy in forum Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Testing.
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 15-01-2014, 09:46 PM
  5. this has to be the best car >>> boat
    By geezejonesy in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-12-2013, 02:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!