Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Cool Tasman Bay Snapper

Well the old man had been slaying them for the last 3 weeks so I was itching to get out.Organised to go straight after work friday.
    Getting out to spot x just on low tide we had a boring 15-20 min then were into it as they came on the bite with the first push.

Catching a few 45cm ones the enevitalble happened and we had a tangle up with the 3rd unmaned rod out the back.
    putting it back out I checked the drag he had set and could barely pull line of it. Another couple of nice 45cm snaps landed then the unmanned rod bent double.
    Dad grabbed it and I had a fish on as well,he said"I might need a hand landing this" just as it started stripping line at a great rate of knots.I thought it must be a good one to take line off that drag.
    Getting my nice 45cm one in I grabbed the landing net to give him a hand,trying to scoop it in I could only fit about half it in then the handle snapped off! Farrrk! almost getting in the water myself I managed to grab bothsides of what was left of it and bring it on board

The big one was 85cm and 25 pound.
    Then we figured we had enough fish for one day and headed home.
    What a wicked eveninings fish all done in less than a hour.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Nice going.Bit jealous actually,havnt had much of chance to get out so far this season.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

I know the feeling first fish since they turned up in the bay,havent got out for a deer either
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Thats good fishing, I havent been out yet at all