Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: fire thermo fans ... do they work ?

I've made one, you need the fan blowing over the cold side heatsink so can't be remote mounted because the TEC works on temperature differential between sides. I used a 3v/5000rpm motor called a Mini 130 with a 12715 Pelitier and a 120mm plastic blade from a RC helicopter. I bought all the parts from Ebay for $8, apart from 2x old pc coolers.
    There are better Peltiers out there that could drive a stronger motor but I just went with the cheapest.
    It worked perfectly with starting up when the fire got warm and wasn't too fast at top speed. Took a bit of trial and error to get the configuration of the heatsinks correct, You want more of a solid block in the hot side but not so much that you cook the Thermocouple, I had too big a heat sink in early trials and the fan was cooling it
    Just don't expect it to work like a heat transfer system between rooms, more suited to mixing the air in a single room.

We have one in our Duck Hunting Camp - An old woolshed - draughty as hell despite lining - It does move the heat around and even it up - Costs nothing but your purchase price - would certainly get another - personally reckon they are best in a square or rectangular room doesn't seem to push heat around corners so well - Hope this helps