Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Murderball

dougie -the psare tyre goes on the chair ya dont need to lug it round behind ya old dear!

Looks ruthless
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Tell you mate to careful with those shoulders, you only have 1 set. and trust me once you f#@k them, its hard.

Wheelchair rugby is fun, but you have to be a Quad to compete, para's aren't allowed, (really not fair, might be a little biased) unless they have changed the rules...

go easy on them, even thought your sitting down, you can still use your gut muscles to keep balanced.

Are you a para?

Internationally, all players have to be quads but nationally, you can be AB...hence why I play! I am a 3.5pointer. No need for me to 'go-easy' on anyone, I work very hard and still get my ass kicked! I have yet to come out of my chair, but it;'s happened to a para mate at practice and to pretty much everyone else during the last couple rounds in the south island.

I use more muscles than you would imagine. I come home with sore triceps for sure but use my hips, legs and ankles quite a lot, judging by the sore muscles after! I have one lap belt and one foot strap. I'm on a mission to get a better lap belt as that energy that is used with me slopping in the chair could be forward energy to sprint faster if I was held in really well like my mates are.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    All that wheelchair needs is a cover and you can be a Dalek!

Name:  new-series-dalek-3d.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  64.5 KB

Yup im a para, have been for almost 13 years now

I didn't know about the National able bodied rule, interesting.... I'm used to the Australian rules as i've only just moved back, but then again there are a lot more Quads, due to the bigger population in aus

It's quite hard on the body, as i use to fill a spot when the guys were training, it's an odd feeling when your all strapped into a bash chair and your stuck upside down. like a turtle on his back, can't get back up, lol

You can get a wetsuit material strap made up, i got a pre made one from Sportaid in the states, i use it when i go clay target shooting and also when i take my boat out to target kingfish (snapper are no problem) , as it gives some lowerbody support

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    All that wheelchair needs is a cover and you can be a Dalek!

Attachment 10852
    Commonly known as a "Dougiedalekywagigy!!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackel View Post

I didn't know about the National able bodied rule, interesting.... I'm used to the Australian rules as i've only just moved back, but then again there are a lot more Quads, due to the bigger population in aus

It's quite hard on the body, as i use to fill a spot when the guys were training, it's an odd feeling when your all strapped into a bash chair and your stuck upside down. like a turtle on his back, can't get back up, lol

You can get a wetsuit material strap made up, i got a pre made one from Sportaid in the states, i use it when i go clay target shooting and also when i take my boat out to target kingfish (snapper are no problem) , as it gives some lowerbody support
    Awesome Jackel! Good that you still get out and do shit!!! Much respect!

Are you in Wellies? Come play!!! Cool idea bout the strap, cheers
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Much respect to you, Gibo..you're a retard and you still 'get out' don't you? :p :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Much respect to you, Gibo..you're a retard and you still 'get out' don't you? :p :rolleyes:
    Ohhhhh them be fighting words chick!!!! Better hope I never roll down those ways in my chair or i'l crush your ass!!!!!!

Name:  Ergonomic-Office-Personal-Workspace.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  26.2 KB

Be scared woman, be very scared!!!!
    Last edited by Gibo; 12-06-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Thanks Gibo,

most things are achievable, stairs suck and thats the most limiting factor as i'm a stubborn bastard and won't allow any help.

I've backpacked though the UK by myself for 3 months in 06, wasn't easy but do able, Camped in a tent around Aussie in 07 for 3 months in my Hilux with my partner.

Even scuba dived. although i prefer to be on top of the water, i should have watched Jaws so much when i was younger, lol

and Dougie, i'm based up in the Coromandel, not much up here but bloody snapper and some good buggers.

Thanks Gibo,

most things are achievable, stairs suck and thats the most limiting factor as i'm a stubborn bastard and won't allow any help.

I've backpacked though the UK by myself for 3 months in 06, wasn't easy but do able, Camped in a tent around Aussie in 07 for 3 months in my Hilux with my partner.

Even scuba dived. although i prefer to be on top of the water, i should have watched Jaws so much when i was younger, lol

and Dougie, i'm based up in the Coromandel, not much up here but bloody snapper and some good buggers.
    Wicked Jackel!! Me and the crew are heading your way over new years.
    Staying just out of Coro township. Taking the boat so might see ya out there on the end of a kingi or snaps!

Quite a few rounds in Tauranga, could be the go for spectating!

Gone but not forgotten
    i used to play years ago ie in my teens for a short time but being cp wasn't much levels i could play did make auckland a once
    Turns out i was stronger than my demons/issues led me to belive