Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Search And Rescue

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    [QUOTE=308;539179]It ain't cold enough out there to die overnight[/cQUOTE].

I won't second guess how these fellahs met their end but I think that if someone was wet ( even damp from excessive perspiration climbing a hill ) and the wind chill factor was high enough then the disorientation from succumbing to hypothermia and the shutting down of the body as it tried to keep vital organs warm could well contribute to death in a short period like overnight.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

The anti 1080 nutters are suggesting they got poisoned....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    kiwijames likes this.

LOC
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    The anti 1080 nutters are suggesting they got poisoned....

eastern bloc spies that got poisoned kiwi style??
    BRADS likes this.

I know its a bad thought ....maybe one shot the other then topped himself. Everyone is guessing at the moment.Results and facts should be out tomorrow.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

[QUOTE=Rushy;539617]
    Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    It ain't cold enough out there to die overnight[/cQUOTE].

I won't second guess how these fellahs met their end but I think that if someone was wet ( even damp from excessive perspiration climbing a hill ) and the wind chill factor was high enough then the disorientation from succumbing to hypothermia and the shutting down of the body as it tried to keep vital organs warm could well contribute to death in a short period like overnight.
    The wind chill Saturday night was pretty bad alright down here..

[QUOTE=bomber;539706]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    The wind chill Saturday night was pretty bad alright down here..

plus 1 but why split up? I know @BRADS would cuddle every bloke too keep warm
    bomber likes this.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I'm sure I read somewhere today that they stated the temp was below zero that night and a likely cause of death but to be confirmed.....

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    [QUOTE=Dundee;539709]
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post

plus 1 but why split up? I know @BRADS would cuddle every bloke too keep warm
    It isn't just Brad's Dundee. If I was cold and recognised the onset of hypothermia and you were handy you would be surprised how quickly you would become my belly warming bitch.
    BRADS, Rusky, Huk and 1 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I'd rather die!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

[QUOTE=Rushy;539742]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post

It isn't just Brad's Dundee. If I was cold and recognised the onset of hypothermia and you were handy you would be surprised how quickly you would become my belly warming bitch.
    And that is why you're always hunting alone...

Dundee likes this.

That was clever @bomber after seeing @Rushy man boobs at the shoot I'd run and hide under a tree too The bugger can cook thou!
    bomber likes this.
    CFD

A tramper who called the rescue helicopter for help after leaving his insulin behind received a second surprise call-out after accidentally activating his emergency beacon in his car as he was leaving.

The man activated his emergency beacon at 7.30am on Boxing Day because he was a diabetic and had left his insulin in his vehicle while tramping in the Ruahine Range near Dead Dog Hut, Hawke's Bay Helicopter Rescue Trust said.

The Rescue Co-ordination Centre NZ receives the activation and then alerts the most appropriate agency to respond.

The Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter airlifted the man back to the car park where he had left his insulin and he continued on his tramp.

But at 6pm when the same beacon signalled again, the rescue helicopter returned due to concerns the diabetic was having complications.

However, the trust said the man was found safe and well and the beacon had been accidentally activated in the back of his car as he was leaving the car park at the Ruahine Range.

The rescue helicopter went out again after the rescue co-ordination centre was unable to reach the man to make sure it had not been accidentally activated so assumed it was an emergency.

Hawke's Bay Helicopter Rescue Trust marketing and fundraising manager Laura Hyde said: "We recommend that if you are tramping, working in, or visiting remote locations where there may not be cell phone coverage, that you carry a Personal Locator Beacon [PLB]. They really do save lives should an emergency happen."

NZ Herald

FacebookTwitterPrintEmail AppMore
    CFD

A tramper who called the rescue helicopter for help after leaving his insulin behind received a second surprise call-out after accidentally activating his emergency beacon in his car as he was leaving.

The man activated his emergency beacon at 7.30am on Boxing Day because he was a diabetic and had left his insulin in his vehicle while tramping in the Ruahine Range near Dead Dog Hut, Hawke's Bay Helicopter Rescue Trust said.

The Rescue Co-ordination Centre NZ receives the activation and then alerts the most appropriate agency to respond.

The Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter airlifted the man back to the car park where he had left his insulin and he continued on his tramp.

But at 6pm when the same beacon signalled again, the rescue helicopter returned due to concerns the diabetic was having complications.

However, the trust said the man was found safe and well and the beacon had been accidentally activated in the back of his car as he was leaving the car park at the Ruahine Range.

The rescue helicopter went out again after the rescue co-ordination centre was unable to reach the man to make sure it had not been accidentally activated so assumed it was an emergency.

Hawke's Bay Helicopter Rescue Trust marketing and fundraising manager Laura Hyde said: "We recommend that if you are tramping, working in, or visiting remote locations where there may not be cell phone coverage, that you carry a Personal Locator Beacon [PLB]. They really do save lives should an emergency happen."

NZ Herald

About time these clowns got invoiced.
    Steve123 and Mathias like this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    twit
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag

NZ Herald

What a cock, bill him for the whole cost based on stupidity