Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Skydive SI

A chap I went to school with is flying the taxi for the Skydiving Kiwis outfit in Ashburton. They seem a pretty solid crew, although it's probably not the most scenic place for a jump.

A local boy came to play yesterday, great fun!

Name:  G0045148.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  741.2 KBName:  G0055173.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  673.7 KBName:  G0055174.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  990.2 KBName:  G0055185.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  578.4 KBName:  G0055187.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  632.5 KBName:  G0055221.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  873.7 KB
    Shootm, Dundee and Pengy like this.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Just added that to my bucket list.
    Dundee likes this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

You won't regret it shootm.
    Shootm likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Yep in the 90's I did my first static line Jump from 3000 out of a modified Cessna at Violet town, Victoria. George Creasy was my jump Instructor. Then with 3 more that day to make sure I could pull the rip cord (DRP), I was hooked.
    I Completed 23 jumps in all on my way to getting my License, with only 1 minor hickup. At jump 19, I jumped a New rig (Jump Schools) and lost the right toggle (Steering) line.
    I was at 3500 with a 10k cross wind. So I cut away thinking my reserve was going to a Ram chute, but to my dismay it was a roundy. I hung off the risers real hard to try and steer the bitch, but to no avail, I went over the DZ, over the road and into the neighbours farm just before his bush full of gum trees. I'd prepared to hit the ground and roll but, a wind gust got me, slammed me into the ground. Knocked the wind right out of me. I took a minute or 2 to get my breath back, only to look up and see George smiling with his hand out. "Well that wasn't expected now was it" he said. I continued my course and enjoyed an unrecorded fun jump @ 15000 from a twin engined Beach craft which had come in for our 1st birthday "Flyin". I went out in a swan dive from the side door, was the fucking most awesome free fall I'd ever had, completed a perfect backflip then went into a negative arch, scary when you do it on purpose, then flipped back over to face mother earth, tracked out to the right with my head down to see the DZ pass under me, alty check and was still at 4500 went out from the DZ until 3000 and popped. Had some fun under canopy with some flat spins and to completed a soft landing with an almost text book flair, just 2 feet from the centre mark.
    I then met a lady and stopped one sort of jumping for another sort, and the rest is boring history, I should have stayed single but that's another story.
    Shootm, Pengy and PERRISCICABA like this.