Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Swimming

sneakywaza I got
    Karate and judo ( classical, not this new age girly shit!) been doing those for pretty much 30 yrs - will get you fit as fuck and keep you there, and they will keep you tough so you are more resilient and cope better with dumb stuff, got 25 years on some of the guys I hunt with and can still carry more weight over a longer distance and go up long nasty hills faster!. The real key to maintaining good condition is to never let it go in the first place, allways so much harder to get it back.

You would be suprised just how good skipping with a rope is for an overall workout, just 5 minutes a day will do at first.
    kiwijames and Munsey like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Karate and judo ( classical, not this new age girly shit!) been doing those for pretty much 30 yrs - will get you fit as fuck and keep you there, and they will keep you tough so you are more resilient and cope better with dumb stuff, got 25 years on some of the guys I hunt with and can still carry more weight over a longer distance and go up long nasty hills faster!. The real key to maintaining good condition is to never let it go in the first place, allways so much harder to get it back.

You would be suprised just how good skipping with a rope is for an overall workout, just 5 minutes a day will do at first.
    I like the rope idea. Certainly is convenient and it will get a good sweat on.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

I have been doing some pilates with the wife recently, it hurts so should be good.
    My general fitness is lower than usual but not terrible. Im as much wanting to retain flexibility and core fitness as much as maintain overall condition.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I like the rope idea. Certainly is convenient and it will get a good sweat on.
    As gay as it sounds , don't over do the skipping in the beginning . Skipping seems to bring on Shin splints . They take ages to go away
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Any exercise will improve your fitness in proportion to the effort you put in.
    You can swim or run or walk slowly and not get a lot of benefit from it.
    If you include a portion of exercise that elevates your breathing rate and works you hard then you'll get more benefit.

My example is myself. I aqua-jog for 30 minutes most days with a 60 minute aqua exercise class once a week.
    I am fitter, stronger and lighter than I would be without the exercise.
    My primary benefit is improved joint strength - knees and ankles - from non-impact exercise.
    The aqua exercise class works on muscle toning especially in the core (aka tummy) area.

You get out what you put in. Any exercise is better than none. Changes to diet will help too.
    gadgetman and paddygonebush like this.

Id rather be a fat cunt to be fair, never fancied homosexuality.
    Well since you're homophobic do what I do. Ride the bike wearing jeans and an old T-shirt on an old mountain bike. Tight jeans on the thighs increases the resistance (makes you work harder) and you don't look like those unmentionable riders. Any exercise will work if you get the heart rate going. The fat guys at the pool just slooowly crawl through the water, barely rotating their arms. Grab the water and haul it and your fitness will increase. Same goes for anything, work in = results out. You could alternate between a few things, walking hills, riding a bike, swimming, banging the Mrs. They all burn energy and increase fitness. If it is fun you'll do it more.
    paddygonebush and Cyclops like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Well since you're homophobic do what I do. Ride the bike wearing jeans and an old T-shirt on an old mountain bike. Tight jeans on the thighs increases the resistance (makes you work harder) and you don't look like those unmentionable riders. Any exercise will work if you get the heart rate going. The fat guys at the pool just slooowly crawl through the water, barely rotating their arms. Grab the water and haul it and your fitness will increase. Same goes for anything, work in = results out. You could alternate between a few things, walking hills, riding a bike, swimming, banging the Mrs. They all burn energy and increase fitness. If it is fun you'll do it more.
    Did a lot of MTB riding with the last dog. Was good exercise. Never felt the need to dress up in a Lycra gimp suit emblazoned with advertising for someone who doesn't pay though.

Did a lot of MTB riding with the last dog. Was good exercise. Never felt the need to dress up in a Lycra gimp suit emblazoned with advertising for someone who doesn't pay though.
    Pretty much the same, though I will confess to buying a couple of pairs of Tri-shorts with a bit of Lycra in them. But they were a practical solution for the little triathlons I was doing at the time.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

northdude
    +1 for banging the mrs that's how I keep my weight and fitness to a reasonable level oh and bush walks

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Yeah, but you have to join a cult and post cross fit pictures on Facebook constantly so probably not for me.....
    The trick is to get your missus addicted to cross fit so she ends up looking like this, then when you take her hunting she will carry the meat and piggy back you out the bush at the same time.
    Name:  11219370_926023780772814_4175955163091247557_n.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  79.9 KB
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

You sure that's not @SAVAGE just the hair cut fits?
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I try and swim a bit, mainly for surf paddle fitness, I also started a 25 min body weight workout. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HOx8-HoT7hs

They have a heap of exercises for free, the 25min does the job so far. I am for low impact exercise now, years of running pavement and flat landings on the snowboard have given my knees a thrashing.
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

Hi Kiwijames,

When i was addicted to surfing (like i am with hunting now) i used to swim before work, motivation was a trip of a lifetime to Indonisia, I started on my own and used to do reps, 4 lengths freestyle then sprint hard out for one length and then a slow breaststroke back, i would do 12 reps (72 lengths), I then moved pools due to job and fell into a swim squad, full of kids from 15-18, i ended up in the fast lane for most of it and either chasing or being chased by a little 18yr old girl can be very motivating LOL, length count went up 3 fold. While i didnt loose lots of weight i did change diet slightly and gained some small wings lol, at the end of it i was able to surf longer in indo and had way better fitness than my mates and was surfing prob 3 times a day for up to 2-3 hours at a session with no probs, when we came back i did a few of the Sovereign ocean swims.

Was fun, but alas i no longer look good in my budgies

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz