Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slow connection

Ejected

Slow connection

When I'm up here in really bad internet land with the really really bad connection for the web thingy, one of two thing's happens when posting.

The most regular is an 'Do you want to leave this page?' message. Now it's good luck with the one, cancel or leave you have NFI whether the post you just spent 15 seconds on pouring your heart and soul into it will in fact happen, or maybe it'll be just gone. Hit cancel, then quick reply again with the same message appearing and sooner or later you give up.
    Or a double post happens, VERY rare.

Don't know if this is something that can get tweaked or not. I doubt it, but if you don't ask......
    Also, with the 'save drafts' were are they saved to? When a post doesn't happen as above is there somewhere to go and recover them? When they do get lost which is about 50% of the time.

And I know, get good broadband, but this is for living at the pub.