Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: A'holes out there

[QUOTE=NRT;587614]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    You're either a troll, or too stupid to think this through: anytime something like this happens, it tars users of firearms and highlights that someone is not fit and proper as the police have deemed them .Yes I'm so Stupid ,I can see this act causing every firearm owner to lose there licences .O know
    Well, @NRT, it certainly isn't helping much with Police and politicions working on doing away with private firearms ownership. Not a good look. You can have a laugh when they come to collect yours, or pull your FAL. Another problem solved for them.
    Nickoli likes this.
    I used to have a handle on Life - but it broke.

Thread took an interesting turn....

I must confess I have unfortunately made the mistake of shooting what I thought was a possum clinging to the trunk of a bare cabbage tree. Went to look for the dirty bugger only to find a owl on the ground.
    Was struck by that horrible empty stomach feeling and the skipping of a heart beat.

Has given me a hesitation every time I go to shoot something now, no matter how convinced I am.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post

I must confess I have unfortunately made the mistake of shooting what I thought was a possum clinging to the trunk of a bare cabbage tree. Went to look for the dirty bugger only to find a owl on the ground.
    Was struck by that horrible empty stomach feeling and the skipping of a heart beat.

Has given me a hesitation every time I go to shoot something now, no matter how convinced I am.
    I've seen this nearly happen, but the shooter missed and it flew away.
    We were releaved it was a miss, but a little shaken by the mistake, and it was a lesson learned for us both.
    I really enjoy our birds here in nz, and there's just something special about owls.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

Yep, this type of story is far from ideal given the select committee and media beat up at present.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post

@Nibblet, had rifle on shoulder all lined up on a bush that was moving bloody kiwi stepped out not a possum just as well I waited to identify my target