Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Munsey
  • 1 Post By SiB
  • 1 Post By zimmer

Thread: E.q.c.....

E.q.c.....

Ok folks

I'm needing to do a contents claim through eqc. Any advice?

Taken plenty of photos that I'll send electronically but can't seem to do the form online so having to print, fill it in and send it back.... Technology so going to put 4 photos onto an A4 showing general chaos in individual rooms with the list of individual items.

Only got a couple of items over the $500 mark that they need to see in place so will leave that for the moment. Damage to the house is only going to be one window replaced and the chimney checked, so will be sending them those bills once it gets done (winter)

Headache I can forsee is that I haven't tried using, oven fridge, dishwasher etc since the water/power wasn't running when we were there. Won't find out til winter if these things are working.

Let try and keep the political side to a minimum. I have heard a lot of horror stories after the chch quakes so wanting to get this right when I submit it all.

Check your electrical items , tvs computers etc . They don't seem to last long after they have take a tumble . Just state that on your claim that these things haven't been checked and wont be until winter .Friends claimed on there TV that blew up a month after there claim . They payed out straight away (repair shop appraisal attached )
    gadgetman likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

SiB
    I think the trick is to keep an open mind.

The moment any assessor or suchlike starts with the "but" phrases simply respond with; "help me better understand what you're saying there". The trick is not to fall into the trap of simply accepting what they say. Make them fully explain each point.

I take it you were shaken north Canterbury?
    stumpy likes this.

Electrics are guna be interesting as its a 2hr drive into chch to get things checked/ repair people to come out.
    @SiB yeah north Canterbury shake up. House is fine except the window, few flakes of concrete of foundations which got ticked off by engineers and cracks running through the cement holding bricks together around the heat sink / fire surround.

@Munsey that is good news hopefully if it happens it's as smooth sailing for me

Check any heat pumps too.....They can take a while to fault and it is the frequent and continuous shaking that does them in. Apparently ther is a rotay valve inside that will stop after a while but because there is no sprecific date that ours died, that 3k bill landed in our lap. Other than that we have not had too many issues, though some took longer than expected.

@timattalon don't have a heat pump but the Wood fire shifted bout half an inch so getting chimney checked before I crank her up again, suspect the faceplate had opened up a bit going through the ceiling as well.

Movement was definitely iron one plane, bed moved a metre or so but spare room didn't as its blocked in by walls, spa and pizza oven both moved a good few feet in he direction as the bed

Don't start me on about those c**ts, they still owe me money for my contents claim from 2010 quake that took our house. Just remember some folk in EQC are useless, some bordering on corrupt, keep records of all conversations, correspondence, etc & expect to be given the run around.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Check any heat pumps too.....They can take a while to fault and it is the frequent and continuous shaking that does them in. Apparently ther is a rotay valve inside that will stop after a while but because there is no sprecific date that ours died, that 3k bill landed in our lap. Other than that we have not had too many issues, though some took longer than expected.
    Going to have to remember that one as a great bullshit story to make a sale. Most heat pumps have a REVERSING valve but that one got a harder time in the apprentices van on the way to your place than it ever would in an earthquake. Go back to your insurer and claim it under your policy as you would if there was no earthquake.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Yeah does crack me up all 10 year old heat pumps/ovens/dishwashers ect that broke and got attributed to the earthquake... if you can get away with it then good on ya, I would try it on.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Going to have to remember that one as a great bullshit story to make a sale. Most heat pumps have a REVERSING valve but that one got a harder time in the apprentices van on the way to your place than it ever would in an earthquake. Go back to your insurer and claim it under your policy as you would if there was no earthquake.
    I trust the seller implicitly as they are family and we got the replacement done as the one we had was not working. Only the fan was functioning. I may be in error to the actual fault but at that point the amount of shaking we had received was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Yeah does crack me up all 10 year old heat pumps/ovens/dishwashers ect that broke and got attributed to the earthquake... if you can get away with it then good on ya, I would try it on.
    No wonder our insurance premiums elsewhere went substantially thru the roof.....
    veitnamcam likes this.