Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: The forum Now and the Future

The forum Now and the Future

Wtf? I don't log on for a couple of months and this is what the forum becomes?

I dont understand how you expect to have a public forum of 3-4000 hunters and expect everyone to be intellectually stimulating to you? People with your knowledge and experience are the minority. Im not having a go thats just fact. Personally I think herpies is funny

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    I dont understand how you expect to have a public forum of 3-4000 hunters and expect everyone to be intellectually stimulating to you? People with your knowledge and experience are the minority. Im not having a go thats just fact. Personally I think herpies is funny
    +1

We are a community of different people with different skills, views and experiences. Not everything we do in life is hunting related and these excursions away from hunting bring out our characters, something quite useful if you intend to meet up and actually contact one another to go hunting and share skills in person. Humans are a social species and well, ... human.
    stingray likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Also i do miss the intelligent discussions they are interesting and informative and sometimes arrogant and tossery. i would never enter them and contribute because they are way over my head. The "smart" people left because they couldnt handle living in a "community" that they helped start (sounds a bit snobby if you ask me). now its as @JT s rant stated and Gman posted. Thanks HERPS for keeping it going.

The "smart" people are the ones complaining about lack of info. Instead of complaining maybe start being more active.
    Bernie and BobGibson like this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    There are many forums around in which the dribble is kept to 'off topic' and not every 2nd thread.
    This place is the minority of what is 'normal' and at the moment, the majority of posts are complete rubbish.
    Im a member of 1 forum with 375,000 members and thousands online at 1 time - and there is no crap plastered everywhere - its in off topic - if you want to read shit, you go there.. if you actually want to read something of interest, participate in a discussion or ask a question and get a serious answer, its done in the main forum.

If you want to talk crap with your mates all the time, then start a facebook group and fill your boots.
    I Buy Brass! - PM me

J.T
    Banned
    Lol still run by a spoilt Fuckin prick like you spanners and ya stuck up bum chum Tussuck.
    .it
    Should be renamed tools with toys who like to brag like Pratt's.fuck ya forum

At the risk of being hit with the ban hammer, I find it funny that you can leave for how ever long it was then come back and start crying about the forum not having enough info and what not. Maybe you shouldn't have left, maybe you could have stayed and put up some topics to keep people talking about hunting and shooting. This goes for other people too. I recall reading someone saying this forum is going to shit and no decent topics are started. Why not start one then? I'm sure you have lots to teach (not being sarcastic)

When xring put up that bullet stuff it was awesome people even said the forum hasn't had cool topics like that in a long time. More of that would be nice but it seems all you guys that do all the cool shit and have all the experience dont want to share. You want to complain about the lack of info instead.

At the end of the day you left us monkeys here by ourselves and didn't feed us, so we do what monkeys do (throw shit at each other)

I don't personally think fuck ya forum.
    I have however struggled with some disicions made including why these thoughts from admin are coming out attached to someone elses rant thereby getting a reaction from J.T.

If you guys have concerns about the content etc then start a new thread asking what we can do to change it. Dont piss and moan from the side lines.
    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    That thread will come Gibo. I think people are miss reading the situation. You can hate us all you like. We are all you have here.

Toby. You have it backwards. No one comes here with solid content, or posts here with solid content, because they know it will be off topic and drowning in mindless dribble from the same group guys, telling the same jokes. What is the point? So "why not post something" has already been answered. The "why not" is because a bit of good reading will be ruined, and ruined quickly by a small group with limited self control.
    I dont hate anyone. I understand what you are saying and am one of the dribblers myself. A bit of realisation is good. I will do my best to keep threads clean.
    Grim, Spanners, Munsey and 1 others like this.
    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    That thread will come Gibo. I think people are miss reading the situation. You can hate us all you like. We are all you have here.

Toby. You have it backwards. No one comes here with solid content, or posts here with solid content, because they know it will be off topic and drowning in mindless dribble from the same group guys, telling the same jokes. What is the point? So "why not post something" has already been answered. The "why not" is because a bit of good reading will be ruined, and ruined quickly by a small group with limited self control.
    OK Guys enough enough... I'm gonna call it "HIJACK"!!!

Spanners and Tussock you have a point, but I don't see how its relevant when the reason guys take the time to go through the content that is here is - multi-facetted.
    Be happy that you have some thing here that pretty much appeals to everyone and to a limited degree is pretty much self managing itself at the moment.

If you want a information only site change it to a .info site and be done with it but as long as you have a forum there will be an exchange of ideas and view point - handle it !

As it is - and the guys to the honest have pretty much crayoned within the lines on this one with at least JT being in enough control to pop his rant in "off topic" where it should be. You've got a pretty damn good site here - I personally haven't haven't bothered with the other ones since coming here.

I never would have met (virtually or IRL) or hunted with the great guys that make up for this site if it wasn't here. I've pretty much blown off the monthly NZDA meetings for this reason too.

Guys maybe you need to talk to the guys who use the site to understand what they really get from it 'cos right now its coming across as Jaded and knee jerk in the extreme!

You have a great thing here - Don't fuck it up !!!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Been nice while it lasted team. Met a lot of folk that I now count among my friends. Let the last post sound. Rushy out!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I think most of the reason for the decrease of informative technical threads is the huge egos in the gun industry who just can't stop waving there dick around and turning any thread into a Pissing contest so many just give up posting anything technical.

As for the young lad or lady keen on hunting and shooting well this is the best place for them no question! The community spirit here and helping out new to sports is fantastic.
    It is a credit to the members.

I Post lots obviously but most of that is a welcome or well done, I wish it was more hunting storys but most of my weekends are unavailable for hunting these days so i come here to read of others.

I agree some of the thread drift is annoying tho.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Grim, Savage1, gadgetman and 11 others like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

I am new so don't now too much about anything....

I have come here to learn about hunting in NZ and because of this place have seen posts from here, and other parts of the world which has been a great experience for me. I wanted to read about hunting tips, members experiences, advice on gear. All these posts come from people that I would have not been able to hear one story from, or check out a cool picture from their day out if I wasn't here. I see there are some great friendships that have come from this place, and there are so many good buggers that are willing to help out where they can, giving advice, services, an experience and their gear to strangers... I got a Bipod given to me from a member and I have told my friends that someone I didn't know gave it to me and they find that pretty hard to believe, and also got help to fix my new torch... Pretty awesome really.

I also want to have a bit of a laugh along the way so jokes and a bit of friendly shit giving is all good I believe. The little fighting and name calling isn't really me but there must be a reason why it happens that needs to be sorted, and there is probably a much better way of doing it than posting for all to read but I do understand that when the fingers get a tapping it is sometimes hard to stop.

If someone like @Rushy leaves and others who frequent the forum often then the less posts there will be, the less laughs there will be and the less reasons why I come back so many times a day to check to see if someone has posted something new for me to look at.

I dunno that's just my little thoughts, that may not make sense but the fingers started tapping and I couldn't stop...
    Grim, gadgetman, Maca49 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Been nice while it lasted team. Met a lot of folk that I now count among my friends. Let the last post sound. Rushy out!
    Bugger !!!!
    Scouser and Dynastar27 like this.