Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

Like Tree35640Likes

Thread: Here and now

What's the dry cow treatment? Not producing milk?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    What's the dry cow treatment? Not producing milk?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    at the end of the milking season when the cows have bugger all milk they get dried of. this involves a long acting anti biotic (dry cow) injected up the teat canel to kill any bacteria in the udder followed by an injection of teat seal which is basically just a plug to stop any more bacteria entering the udder over the winter. when done correctly this prevents the cows from getting mastitis (infection of the udder.) while there bodys stop the last bit of milk production.
    Dundee, Angus_A and Russian 22. like this.
    dairy farming, hiluxs and now an ak.

Quote Originally Posted by tirantious View Post
    at the end of the milking season when the cows have bugger all milk they get dried of. this involves a long acting anti biotic (dry cow) injected up the teat canel to kill any bacteria in the udder followed by an injection of teat seal which is basically just a plug to stop any more bacteria entering the udder over the winter. when done correctly this prevents the cows from getting mastitis (infection of the udder.) while there bodys stop the last bit of milk production.
    I feel sorry for the cows man. Getting a needle in the tits.

Boyds have a tikka t3 thumbhole stock on sale, says left handed.... Pic shows right.... O well will order it in and hope I have more luck than my last one, otherwise I guess this one might be up here as well!

Boy what a day

Hop on the train bright and early, everything's going great. Have a little trouble finding where i need to go for my interview but make it early. When done with that i have 20 minutes to get to the arranged meetup spot with 300CALMAN, well apple maps sends me on a bloody cross country loop de loop to the total f*cking opposite end of queens st (unknown to me at this point) and shortly after my battery dies, 20 minutes of walking about trying to find someone who'll kindly let me charge my phone but apparently most establishments aren't too sympathetic to a scruffy cunt with a cattle decapitation t-shirt, eventually some french dude in a backpackers lets me use their chargers. Get the call over to 300CAL only to now find out i'm in the complete wrong f*cking place, so down i go to the other end, forced to spend the very last bit of money i have on a battery bank so i can figure out where the hell i am because nobody was helpful or willing to stop for 20 f*cking seconds to provide some quick directions. End up at the ferry terminal somehow, 300CAL is out of time sadly so we don't get to have that burger (not that i could buy one by this point anyways) Apologize profusely, fumble around trying to find the railway station and SOMEHOW make it home. Christ, i'm drained, broke, I suck at directions and i *hate* letting people down.

On the plus side mr Gaped Axes' job hookup was brilliant, wayne at DeBrett thought i was the tits, gave me his card to send over a CV so he can find the best place to put me.
    Going to get friendly with the liquor cabinet now, maybe the tactical addition of vodka will make tonights instant noodles feel like a nice, juicy burger.

TLDR: f*ck apple maps but f*ck yeah probably got the job
    Last edited by Angus_A; 19-05-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    P38, veitnamcam, gadgetman and 6 others like this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome to Auckland. One and a half million reasons not to stay but yet we do.
    Beaker likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I feel sorry for the cows man. Getting a needle in the tits.
    probably should of mentioned its not a metal needle its a plastic tube like syringe and plastic tip and they have a peice that breaks of the tip that means you can only go so far up the canal where the milk comes out. doesnt hurt them at all.
    Dundee likes this.
    dairy farming, hiluxs and now an ak.

Quote Originally Posted by tirantious View Post
    probably should of mentioned its not a metal needle its a plastic tube like syringe and plastic tip and they have a peice that breaks of the tip that means you can only go so far up the canal where the milk comes out. doesnt hurt them at all.
    Now that is good to hear as I bloody hate needles.

Now that is good to hear as I bloody hate needles.
    needles are fine as long as they are not going into you
    Russian 22. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    Boy what a day

Hop on the train bright and early, everything's going great. Have a little trouble finding where i need to go for my interview but make it early. When done with that i have 20 minutes to get to the arranged meetup spot with 300CALMAN, well apple maps sends me on a bloody cross country loop de loop to the total f*cking opposite end of queens st (unknown to me at this point) and shortly after my battery dies, 20 minutes of walking about trying to find someone who'll kindly let me charge my phone but apparently most establishments aren't too sympathetic to a scruffy cunt with a cattle decapitation t-shirt, eventually some french dude in a backpackers lets me use their chargers. Get the call over to 300CAL only to now find out i'm in the complete wrong f*cking place, so down i go to the other end, forced to spend the very last bit of money i have on a battery bank so i can figure out where the hell i am because nobody was helpful or willing to stop for 20 f*cking seconds to provide some quick directions. End up at the ferry terminal somehow, 300CAL is out of time sadly so we don't get to have that burger (not that i could buy one by this point anyways) Apologize profusely, fumble around trying to find the railway station and SOMEHOW make it home. Christ, i'm drained, broke, I suck at directions and i *hate* letting people down.

On the plus side mr Gaped Axes' job hookup was brilliant, wayne at DeBrett thought i was the tits, gave me his card to send over a CV so he can find the best place to put me.
    Going to get friendly with the liquor cabinet now, maybe the tactical addition of vodka will make tonights instant noodles feel like a nice, juicy burger.

TLDR: f*ck apple maps but f*ck yeah probably got the job
    Good luck with @gapedaxes contact No offence, flat batteries wouldn't work with me! I've seen your recipes!
    Angus_A likes this.

Rather be working on my dingy but it is nice to get away from the ally and ss for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Dougie likes this.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Rather be working on my dingy but it is nice to get away from the ally and ss for a bit.

Wigwam for a gooses bridle?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Wigwam for a gooses bridle?
    New tines in a log loader grab Rushy.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    New tines in a log loader grab Rushy.

Very essential then. For the port?

Sawmill

Chicken Intolerant.