Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree275Likes

Thread: How much is too much

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    To easy to do pengy. But that fact that your aware of it is half the battle. Your dry aren't you @BRADS?
    I wish saint Jim gave up on that long ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Pointer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    Ginger Wine
    Stones green ginger wine...
    zimmer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggun708 View Post
    For gods sake don't try whiskey and ggw... My go to hut tipple... Bliss!!!
    Nothing like a hot toddie on a cold night
    Biggun708 likes this.

I know I have a major drinking problem. The problem being I can have absolutely NO alcohol. I used to be fine, as a student I knocked back 4 tall Steinies (750ml?) and folks thought I wasn't drinking. Now if I eat over ripe fruit, that will make me tiddly. Half a dozen drips of Sake dropped on the bench a few months ago evaporated into the air and that had me off my face for a few hours. A teaspoon of kids cough medicine will knock me out for 10 hours. That is no exaggeration either, the boss cannot wake me up.

When I have to pick up some beers for someone I feel like Jew in a pork shop, I have no idea. Well there is the basic thing that almost everyone knows, ... "If it is in green and starts and ends the same as Waterloo it will be loo water."
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I know I have a major drinking problem. The problem being I can have absolutely NO alcohol. I used to be fine, as a student I knocked back 4 tall Steinies (750ml?) and folks thought I wasn't drinking. Now if I eat over ripe fruit, that will make me tiddly. Half a dozen drips of Sake dropped on the bench a few months ago evaporated into the air and that had me off my face for a few hours. A teaspoon of kids cough medicine will knock me out for 10 hours. That is no exaggeration either, the boss cannot wake me up.

When I have to pick up some beers for someone I feel like Jew in a pork shop, I have no idea. Well there is the basic thing that almost everyone knows, ... "If it is in green and starts and ends the same as Waterloo it will be loo water."
    And yet you can pick up full 44 gallon drums with your pinky finger....go figure
    Shearer likes this.
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    And yet you can pick up full 44 gallon drums with your pinky finger....go figure
    I used to be able to pick them up mate, now I cannot even pick up a 20kg fish crate from the ground on a good day. At the moment it is a shed load worse than that.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    I wish saint Jim gave up on that long ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The only two times I've met you generally I was cut and you were stone cold sober you must have had man flu or I'm forgetting something

Quote Originally Posted by Biggun708 View Post
    Stones green ginger wine...
    It also goes very well with dark rum....unfortunately
    Marty Henry and Biggun708 like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    The only two times I've met you generally I was cut and you were stone cold sober you must have had man flu or I'm forgetting something
    If you were cut then I was sliced
    Pointer, Savage1, Munsey and 3 others like this.
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

I'm not a big drinker but had partners that were cost me a lot of money and 2 relationships try finding someone in this day and age that isn't

Maybe one or two beers/glasses of wine a week. I try not to drink that much anymore.
    If you're actually drinking that much a week you need to get help sir.
    gadgetman, Pengy and Blisters like this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Good on you @Paddy79, I've recently gone on the wagon in my own way, I've drastically cut down the amount I drink and now can go a few weeks with out touching the stuff. Then along comes a work function when the whisky's free and off I go.

Decide for your self what you want to achive IE complete sobriety or only drinking once or twice a month then take positive steps in that direction. Focus on the good behaviours which are incompatible with the bad.

Allan Carr's "stop drinking now" can be a great tool to help you accomplish your own goal along with talking to someone about it (ie @Pointer offer )

Mine is to eventually go completely dry - work in progress
    Biggun708 and Paddy79 like this.

I used to get stuck into cheap scotch, then stopped liking it so went to tequila, stopped liking that and went to vodka. Got my FAL and came over all responsible. So now I'll ocasionally buy a 500ml bottle of vodka, which lasts me till visitor arrive, Or I run out, which is about 3 weeks. I'm quite pleased with myself as it means more petrol in the car, more consumables to reload. Now just the smoking to deal to....
    gadgetman likes this.
    I used to have a handle on Life - but it broke.

[QUOTE=Timmay;612513]Good on you @Paddy79, I've recently gone on the wagon in my own way, I've drastically cut down the amount I drink and now can go a few weeks with out touching the stuff. Then along comes a work function when the whisky's free and off I go.

Decide for your self what you want to achive IE complete sobriety or only drinking once or twice a month then take positive steps in that direction. Focus on the good behaviours which are incompatible with the bad.

Allan Carr's "stop drinking now" can be a great tool to help you accomplish your own goal along with talking to someone about it (ie @Pointer offer )

Mine is to eventually go completely dry

CHeers @Timmay I just want to slash the amount I consume and tolerate to the point where only on an occasion such as a birthday or funeral to only have a couple a beers.
    And I have decided im not having any until ive got my endorsements and pistol, I get the paper work under in 4 weeks and the way things are going with police doing paper work id imagine itll be 6 months
    and @keneff go you mate
    Timmay, keneff and Blisters like this.

@Paddy79 good on you for cutting back cos if my maths is right you were averaging 8+ stubbies a night! that's unsustainable for your health long term.
    When you are younger you seem to be able to tolerate it easier but I found as I got older I just can't handle drinking too much, nowadays I'm a quality over quantity guy. Give me a nice beer or a good glass of Pinot.
    Pointer and Munsey like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!