Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Insurance for sporting goods

  1. #46
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    will fMG cover townies?? Last time they would not.
    They cover me. I live in town. Got contents and cars with them, house is AMI(fuck now I'm worried about this too!)
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  2. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    I would seriously be questioning my policy if i was with AMI, while they do you have a "new for old" policy on the advanced contents, sporting equipment is excluded and will be replaced with "market value" which is not good.... They also wont replace 2nd hand goods with new items from what I have been told by them.

    https://www.ami.co.nz/contents-insurance

    Hunting equipment is sporting goods no matter what spin you put on it. Hence why you should be going AA or FMG.

    In other related topics, AMI were the only ones that would cover my jetboat for all in shore activity including rivers for a reasonable rate.
    After reading this thread i checked my insurance. Sure enough, exactly as you said with AMI. im changing to AA once my policy expires.

  3. #48
    res
    res is offline
    Member res's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    globe trotting
    Posts
    2,794
    No need to wait, you will get a refund on the unused portion of your policy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    Caretaker jakewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,217
    I expected to have a response from them when I arrived home tonight , but there was nothing, thats FMG I mean.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  5. #50
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    I expected to have a response from them when I arrived home tonight , but there was nothing, thats FMG I mean.
    Did you call them? I called them today to check. As long as the item is not over 5k (if so list seperately) it is covered by home and contents- whatever it costs to replace like for like
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  6. #51
    Caretaker jakewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,217
    Nope , sent them an email through the web site, I'm starting to like the sound of them very much though, not that we have a lot of claims, we don't, just mainly about the rifles and such.
    Gibo likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  7. #52
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Nope , sent them an email through the web site, I'm starting to like the sound of them very much though, not that we have a lot of claims, we don't, just mainly about the rifles and such.
    I guess the plan is to never need them. But to know they will cover and pay up replacement value is where it's at
    res likes this.
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  8. #53
    Member oraki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Flatlander CSI
    Posts
    1,762
    I've got FMG ringing on Friday to go over all the policies. I'll have a few questions regarding my firearms. Also about vehicle cover for the utes when going off road. Should probably tell them that 1 of them has been lifted as well. To late when something goes wrong, so should find out all these things

  9. #54
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    128
    If anyone is thinking of switching to AMI, I'd recommend against it. Every time I've had to make a claim they've stuffed me around and I've had to throw my toys, yell at people and threaten the disputes tribunal, threaten changing to a different insurer just to get them to even look at my claim. I've never managed to speak to the person in charge of my claims on the phone and never had an email reply. I have to go into my local branch and get angry for any sort of communication to happen. I've had three claims in the last few years (someone kicked off my wing mirror, someone stole my bike, I dropped my laptop), and they were equally bad each time.

    I'm still with them because I'm worried about the possibility of "pre-existing damage" to my house due to the earthquakes on a new contract.

  10. #55
    Member stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Clarks Beach, (South of) Auckland
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
    If anyone is thinking of switching to AMI, I'd recommend against it. Every time I've had to make a claim they've stuffed me around and I've had to throw my toys, yell at people and threaten the disputes tribunal, threaten changing to a different insurer just to get them to even look at my claim. I've never managed to speak to the person in charge of my claims on the phone and never had an email reply. I have to go into my local branch and get angry for any sort of communication to happen. I've had three claims in the last few years (someone kicked off my wing mirror, someone stole my bike, I dropped my laptop), and they were equally bad each time.

    I'm still with them because I'm worried about the possibility of "pre-existing damage" to my house due to the earthquakes on a new contract.
    Same here for bad experiences with AMI. Neighbour's tree landed on parked car, smashing windscreens and damaging panels etc. Gave AMI my neighbour's insurance details and they told me I had to take it up with the neighbour's insurer. Told them that's what I pay them for. That was my last ever claim with them.

  11. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    I would seriously be questioning my policy if i was with AMI, while they do you have a "new for old" policy on the advanced contents, sporting equipment is excluded and will be replaced with "market value" which is not good.... They also wont replace 2nd hand goods with new items from what I have been told by them.

    https://www.ami.co.nz/contents-insurance

    Hunting equipment is sporting goods no matter what spin you put on it. Hence why you should be going AA or FMG.

    In other related topics, AMI were the only ones that would cover my jetboat for all in shore activity including rivers for a reasonable rate.
    I have got the Area manager looking into this today as she is a good friend and she was saying that it depends on what is classed as sporting goods.
    She considers rifles and dive gear etc not as sporting gear but as recreational goods, so I will let you guys know the out come as she is going further up the tree to ask.

  12. #57
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    I have got the Area manager looking into this today as she is a good friend and she was saying that it depends on what is classed as sporting goods.
    She considers rifles and dive gear etc not as sporting gear but as recreational goods, so I will let you guys know the out come as she is going further up the tree to ask.
    Her opinion wont be worth boo unless in writing
    Last edited by Gibo; 16-06-2016 at 08:33 AM.
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  13. #58
    Sending it Gibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Hill
    Posts
    17,674
    I just used the FMG contents calculator and I'm way under insured........will do again with the Mrs tonight but that will no doubt make it go up further
    Werawhakaui?

    Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

  14. #59
    Caretaker jakewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,217
    FMG still haven't contacted me. maybe something went wrong
    @25/08IMP
    I can assure you they consider rangefinders sporting goods as I got only 1/2 new price for mine and it was in perfect condition.[ Except it was stuffed full of water
    Last edited by jakewire; 16-06-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  15. #60
    Member clickbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    will fMG cover townies?? Last time they would not.
    Yep. I'm in town. Have been with FMG ever since I first got insurance 17 years ago. House contents and vehicles with them and always been brilliant to deal with.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Gibo likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. insurance
    By mick in forum Off topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 23-03-2016, 06:18 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2015, 08:37 AM
  3. Dangerous goods courses
    By hunter308 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 09:26 PM
  4. Off road insurance
    By nor-west in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-10-2012, 08:06 PM
  5. Sausages! Salamis! Small goods!
    By Gutshot in forum Hunting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 12:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!