Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Laying a complaint against lawyer

Laying a complaint against lawyer

Probably playing with fire here but considering laying a complaint against lawyer who is doing some work for me but is just fuking around I'm gauging this fact on very similar work I've had done before by a different one all help appreciated cheers nd

P38 likes this.

Have you actually asked your lawyer what it is that's causing the delay? That's the first step, and then if you don't get a satisfactory answer complain to the the Law Society.
    P38 and Munsey like this.

Yes I've asked the first 2 times they fuked the document up even tho I gave them the draft with the written corrections on it then there was the cyclone then they thought of some extra things to put in the document finally by the end of the month I have one of I think there will be 3 documents to sighn fuk me the stress of it is starting to affect my health how affective is the law society I'm picking they probably piss in each others pockets anyway I just need to know the correct procedure to go about this do I wait till they have finished and given me a bill or start the process earlier and do I inform them that's what I'm intending to do

Geeze we just finished with one, getting my Mum in laws affairs all settled. 1-1/2 years of mucking about.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Last time I did this it took just over 2 weeks by tomorrow I'm at a month and a half

are they one of a partnership/company?
    If so, perhaps touching base with a principal in the company might kick things along.
    It's always a pool of uncertainty, dealing with lawyers, the reasons you go to them are usually stressful enough.
    good luck
    Hunt4life likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Yes I've asked the first 2 times they fuked the document up even tho I gave them the draft with the written corrections on it then there was the cyclone then they thought of some extra things to put in the document finally by the end of the month I have one of I think there will be 3 documents to sighn fuk me the stress of it is starting to affect my health how affective is the law society I'm picking they probably piss in each others pockets anyway I just need to know the correct procedure to go about this do I wait till they have finished and given me a bill or start the process earlier and do I inform them that's what I'm intending to do
    Is it a small firm or larger? Get to the top and only deal with the person that can say YES!!
    WallyR likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Its a company OK so first stop will be the top of the food chain was thinking wait till I get the bill other wise just to talk to the principal I will be getting charged

Hmm, I'd like to think they cared enough about their product to hear complaints (without charging for them)....
    waiting for the bill = more law about services done/payment required?
    Complain up front.
    Hunt4life and screamO like this.

You don't need to inform your lawyer and you can proceed with a complaint at any time. If you complain now, and then are not happy about the bill when you receive it you can make another complaint.

No, the NZLS do not piss in each others' pockets and some lawyers receive very serious sanctions (being struck off for instance).

What is it that you want to achieve out of your complaint though? You need to think about this - and ask yourself if it will actually lead to more stress for you? Some times there is as much down side as up side to doing these things. It is not a difficult process to complain, but honestly, if its just a matter of principle sometimes its easier and better for us to just let it go.

You have an absolute right to complain though, and if its what you want to do - go for it. The NZLS will make it as easy for you as they can.

If you don't want to make a formal complaint, but want some action or advice you can raise a "concern" with the NZLS. You fill in a form and they will get back to you, and try to resolve the problem for you. If its not resolved you can then escalate it to a formal complaint.

https://www.lawsociety.org.nz/for-th.../concerns-form
    Last edited by Tahr; 11-05-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    distant stalker and kiwijames like this.

Yea I realise that I do expect to pay and I know it isn't cheap I'm hoping that im not going to get totally ripped and them using the amount of time to justify an excessive bill

I was in a personal grievance once, which I won. When I got the bill it had a $1500 "success fee" on it as a separate item. Wanting to share in the spoils FFS I got that removed. Wonder if they had and UNSUCCESSFUL fee?
    I remember sitting in the lawyers office while she rang the oppositions lawyer to resolve the situation. I was in a shitty mood and she gets on the line and discusses the latest Fiji holiday, his kids and wife, laughing and joking, while Im sitting there fuming. She got here ears cleared, just after she told me how much I was getting!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Have told them you are not satisfied & why ? Might be hard after the event to raise the topic, as they can say "you never told us there was an issue. I would lodge your concern with the head honcho by phone call and then follow up by email. If no jiy with that then jaw society

I've rung them an hour ago saying I'm not happy and why can you please explain all I got was well I can understand your frustration and that was it so I said I'm going to have to organise a meeting with your principal which I'll do when this current bullshit is over
    P38 likes this.