Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Laying a complaint against lawyer

Must be something about me or something I rang the law society and explained the situation and asked if there was a proper procedure I should follow he just said do what you like its a free country wtf

SiB
    I had a similar concern w a lawyer I used a few years back. I emailed the senior partner and asked for an explanation why my matter was taking so long etc (they'd done similar work previously).

That it was in writing really revved them up

You did right to raise your concerns prior to invoice. It's their service that's questionable after all.

Oh and request a formal response by a certain date......

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Must be something about me or something I rang the law society and explained the situation and asked if there was a proper procedure I should follow he just said do what you like its a free country wtf
    That's not good enough. The NZLS executive and CEO wouldn't be very happy if that is what was said to you.

Did you ring the National office in Wellington?

Sounds like you muddled it up and rang the Realestate Institute!
    Hunt4life and screamO like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Lawyers suk no matter how you look at it, in saying that I do enjoy my lawyers and they are pretty blunt with me on some stuff (and I have to pay them). If they aren't preforming get rid of them!! Just because they are lawyers doesn't mean they are any different from any other sub trade type of person.
    Yep I agree with Maca's comment about the realestate Institute, every one is pissing in every ones pockets. Realestate agents get away with a $100 dollar fine where the rest of us would be done for fraud!
    If your not happy with what your lawyer is or has done for you.....fuckin lay in to them, they aren't better than you or me!!!!!they may scare you with a few letters on a piece of paper which generally don't mean the piece of shit they are written on. It's all just scare tactics.
    veitnamcam and Maca49 like this.

I'm sure based on Tahr's profession and experience he'll is giving you the best option to follow... It is never easy but take the free advice from the pros...
    Maca49 likes this.
    70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    That's not good enough. The NZLS executive and CEO wouldn't be very happy if that is what was said to you.

Did you ring the National office in Wellington?
    Not sure where it was it was the 0800 number

I commissioned a litigation lawyer in 2014 under extremely stressful and cash strapped circumstances. He was an independent...first mistake. After two months of comm's with him mucking around, I lost my rag and sacked him telling him I would pay $1000 fee max as I believed that was all his service had been worth to date on the matter. From there I commissioned a corporate law partner with a well known litigation lawyer as his in-house colleague.
    A short shit fight and plenty of ego-driven staging later and the matter was settled with a favourable result for me.
    The entire experience was very expensive, but I made the right choice to upgrade my representation to a serious legal partnership.
    My advice @northdude is in my story. If you're not happy, negotiate a settlement with your lawyer, gather all your documentation from him and find another lawyer with a solid reputation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maca49 likes this.

Tahr's giving good advice mate. Take a deep breath and good luck with it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maca49 likes this.

thanks for the advice guys its gone to far and I'm rapidly running out of time so ive got to ride this one out now ive told them that I want to have a meeting with the principal at the end of this

Good luck my son, hope it all pans out for you, always a stressful time, but you'll look back and have a laugh at it, life's like that!
    199p likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

ok so an update after talking to the law society and lawyer I'm trying to deal with it looks like I'm on my own she tried ringing me thurs and left a message I'm a very paitent person but this was the last straw and I fired up this is when I go from paitent nice person to super fuked off angry very aggressive person who you don't want to fuk around with so after not answering my call I try and ring the principal hes busy and they take a message she rings straight back the to tell me the person she organized a week ago to witness my sons signature cant do it now does she want me to organize someone else and seemed to be insistant the she do it and we need to push the date out yet again I thought fuk this and told her no you've wasted enough time and ill organize one goodbye 10 min later ive got one give her the details to send document thank you good bye she still hasn't done a number of other documents that need to be done Friday she rings again sorry cant use that guy you organized there a conflict of intrests can we push it out longer do you want me to organize one well that was it and I layed into her tearing strips off her id already got this other guy to check to make sure there were no conflicts of interest etc he said it was ok she was very flustered by the end of it and didn't have any answers other than repeating I can understand your frustraiton about 2 hours later theres an email telling me all the documents are here and ready to be sighned hows first thing Monday sound after I get the bill ill organize a meeting with the principal to discuss it fuk me this is the most expenceive circus ive ever been to

punctuation
    pʌŋ(k)tʃʊˈeɪʃ(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    the marks, such as full stop, comma, and brackets, used in writing to separate sentences and their elements and to clarify meaning.
    kiwijames, Dougie and 6x47 like this.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    ok so an update after talking to the law society and lawyer I'm trying to deal with it looks like I'm on my own she tried ringing me thurs and left a message I'm a very paitent person but this was the last straw and I fired up this is when I go from paitent nice person to super fuked off angry very aggressive person who you don't want to fuk around with so after not answering my call I try and ring the principal hes busy and they take a message she rings straight back the to tell me the person she organized a week ago to witness my sons signature cant do it now does she want me to organize someone else and seemed to be insistant the she do it and we need to push the date out yet again I thought fuk this and told her no you've wasted enough time and ill organize one goodbye 10 min later ive got one give her the details to send document thank you good bye she still hasn't done a number of other documents that need to be done Friday she rings again sorry cant use that guy you organized there a conflict of intrests can we push it out longer do you want me to organize one well that was it and I layed into her tearing strips off her id already got this other guy to check to make sure there were no conflicts of interest etc he said it was ok she was very flustered by the end of it and didn't have any answers other than repeating I can understand your frustraiton about 2 hours later theres an email telling me all the documents are here and ready to be sighned hows first thing Monday sound after I get the bill ill organize a meeting with the principal to discuss it fuk me this is the most expenceive circus ive ever been to
    Have you read this link? I may have posted it previously. It may help (us and you).

Punctuation | English Grammar Guide | EF

OK we've all discussed it before northdudes punctuation is fukd and non existent we all have faults this is one of mine start a thread about it
    jakewire, Tahr, veitnamcam and 6 others like this.