Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: meth contamination

meth contamination

Don't get me wrong no way do I like this stuff but does any one know what the chemical is that's the problem as there are a lot of poisonous chemicals that are used around the house and a few of the chemicals in it are common ones just makes me wonder if its not a bit of a scam to suck more money out of us

Yea, I would like to know a bit more about it. How long do you have to smoke the shit before it contaminants the house and what is the vapor chemical? We will properly find out that's its actually a chemical in the paint

Think its a scam but then theres a stigma attached to having your place abused in this way. Methamphetamine is non volatile so is probematic only if you lick the walls. The solvents used though quite smelly and detectable at very low concentrations evapourate arent harmful in low concentrations but they can permeate porous surfaces and leach for ages.
    The amines used reek, think epoxy hardener and can bind to organic fibres and hang around for a bloody long timebut disperse quite quickly. Some of the other chemicals are quite nasty in high concentrations but you would be unlikely to encounter that unless a lab was running
    screamO likes this.

The fear of "nasty chemicals" is not a place where reason resides, so fertile ground for this type of thing. It is in the interests of the decontamination businesses and associated hangers-on to spread the fear, and also very helpful for the Police's war on drugs. Those few in the know without a strong pecuniary interest acknowledge it for what it is, but there is insufficient motivation for speaking out at this point in time, so the fear-mongers are currently on a roll.
    For meth itself the NZ surface contaminated/clean threshold is 0.5ug/100cm2.

I think it's the process of cooking the meth that causes the harmful contamination more than just smoking meth.

It uses some really nasty stuff to make it and can be very volatile. Toluene, hypo phosphoric acid, iodine, anhydrous ammonia to name a few. I think phosphine and hydrogen chloride gases are produced along the way. Been a while since I studied the names.

It's nasty nasty shit, I wear a lot of protective gear when going near a suspected lab, but just gloves when dealing with meth.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I think it's the process of cooking the meth that causes the harmful contamination more than just smoking meth.

It uses some really nasty stuff to make it and can be very volatile. Toluene, hypo phosphoric acid, iodine, anhydrous ammonia to name a few. I think phosphine and hydrogen chloride gases are produced along the way. Been a while since I studied the names.

It's nasty nasty shit, I wear a lot of protective gear when going near a suspected lab, but just gloves when dealing with meth.
    But its all a scam?
    kiwijames likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    We don't really see it much her but in the US there's a regular problem with meth cooks stealing anhydrous ammonia for its production from operational refrigeration systems. That's scary to me if it was happening on any of my sites.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    We don't really see it much her but in the US there's a regular problem with meth cooks stealing anhydrous ammonia for its production from operational refrigeration systems. That's scary to me if it was happening on any of my sites.
    Need a pressure vessel for that that would be big time stuff

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    There was always a bottle of meth in the old man's shed. It stung like hell when dabbed on a cut but the healing qualities were miraculous. Oh how the world has changed in my lifetime. Being gay meant you were happy when I was a kid.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I believe its from the toxic gas from cooking the shit not the smoking of it as most of the really poisonous shit is cooked out of it.

Watch a few episodes of breaking bad and you get the idea

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Need a pressure vessel for that that would be big time stuff
    Yes and no. I have a video of me holding an open bucket of about 200ml of liquid ammonia that has flashed off enough vapour to be pretty stable. Be buggered if I'd want to take it for a ride in my ute but if push came to shove I reckon I could transport a few kilos to a Flaxmere clan lab.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Why do we not reintroduce the death penalty again for these scum, and @Rushy you'll be pleased to know I smoke trout with that maths your old man had, hard to roll small enough
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Why do we not reintroduce the death penalty again for these scum, and @Rushy you'll be pleased to know I smoke trout with that maths your old man had, hard to roll small enough
    Maca I can remember my grandfathers referring to Metho's in the era of the depression. My recollection is that people used to strain Methylated Spirits through a loaf of bread and then drink it as a poor man's alcohol substitute. I guess you are off the mark trying to roll it into a smoke.

Happy to have the death penalty reintroduced. Hell I would likely apply to be an executioner.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    There was always a bottle of meth in the old man's shed. It stung like hell when dabbed on a cut but the healing qualities were miraculous. Oh how the world has changed in my lifetime. Being gay meant you were happy when I was a kid.
    How times have changed all right @Rushy, dabbling the meth whilst feeling gay or dabbling in gay while using meth was a different kettle of fish all right. Pull one of those lines out on the kids and they would freak out.