Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Need help people you can contact

Need help people you can contact

ok after a post I put on here it prompted me to attempt to start this post thanks to the guys that offered support just that act in itself is a great morale boost and that simple act could make all the difference in someones difficult situation so I'm putting my name forward as someone any of our community we have here can contact and have a chat run things past or share experiences I may not be able to fix your problems but by sharing and talking with someone it can spread the burden I'm in no way a councilor but have had a few bad hands dealt to me so can relate to a few different situations if this could be made a sticky that would be good if it takes off so feel free to contact me I may or may not be the right person to talk to
    jakewire, Wildman, P38 and 21 others like this.

Great offer.
    northdude likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

feel free to add your name guys

GA always available and confidential. Being a JP I have had people come to me with a myriad of different problems and I try and help where I can.
    jakewire, P38, veitnamcam and 12 others like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Feel free to contact me.
    As above I am no councilor either but have lived.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

SiB
    Part of my volunteer activities is business mentor, plus I continue to provide professional supervision to various folks as well.

And on top of that I'm a graduate of the College of Having the Shit Kicked Out of me.

But seriously, happy to put my name forward.

Si
    JonP, Munsey, Gapped axe and 3 others like this.

Been there, done that - add me to the list.
    Munsey, Gapped axe and northdude like this.

Im also available -able to give info on mental health matters etc .been around the traps a few times too lifewise,knocked the shit outta me,but im still here.
    feel free to pm me.

Yea hit me up lads, I like to think I'm a pretty good sounding board. Have been through a few issues myself, even shipped myself off to see a pro a few years back, best thing I ever did just admitting there was something going on and having someone to throw shit at damn near sorted everything in itself.
    The pro I went and saw is a great bloke too, right into his hunting so related really well to him, can pass on his details to anyone too.
    Wildman, Munsey, Biggun708 and 1 others like this.

Name:  12495010_1093192780714764_6521883011451793786_n.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  71.8 KB
    Wildman, 7mmsaum, sako75 and 13 others like this.

Great thread
    Thing with us Kiwi guys (and guys in general) is we tend to keep our emotions inside without talking about them.
    Fortunately I have not been affected by depression but there was a period of anxiety from stress which saw me in hospital with chest pains and diagnosed as Anxiety. Through my experience I have learned it is quite common when talking to people

I'm a good one for withholding emotions and have been in a few dark holes in the past. I don't regret any of those situations and shit sandwiches that have been served as, without them, I would not be where I am today with a great wife and 2 awesome kids
    northdude and screamO like this.

I'm around also if anyone would like to talk about things.

Professionally I have done a lot in the busdiness consulting space particularly around Sales and Marketing and Operational integration along with Growing businesses to the next level and the often cultural 'growing pains' they also encounter along the way. Can always provide a perspective. Not a beanie! as businesses are about people and what they do daily to have a impact on your bottom line. People buy and sell to People!

Health and Wellbeing wise I've worked for a number of years with Cancer and the terminally ill and their associated family and friends. The stuff I do with Reel Recovery is just the tip of the iceberg, and provides a good starting point to hand on those that are best at dealing with any specific issues or deeper issues

Confidentiallity assured and passionate about people and the value of mateship to get to where you need to be!
    veitnamcam, Dundee, Munsey and 6 others like this.

@Pengy and I stayed up to after midnight one night when we read the signs that angus was in a dark hole,he appreciated it the next day and thanked us.So I can listen and chat too. Helped him out,if your still on the forum dude send me a pm.
    puku, veitnamcam, Munsey and 3 others like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...7&font=cursive

I spose I should add, I'm a available ear to anyone needing one. Been through the 'C' things, it's a hard one in it's own right, Chemo and shit is properly the worse shit I've had to deal with and I only felt like I could be helped or help others going through it, and while you have your full family support its bloody hard to get those thoughts and feelings off your mind, let alone discuss them with your loved ones. PS; if you are going through it, your loved ones are properly feeling it more than you realize.
    At the time I was too argent to know what I was doing to myself let a lone my family.........fuck us so called MEN need to pull are heads in!!!
    And for you people out there reading this and thinking 'fuck this, I will be right I'm not that bad'. I tell you what it's much easier to reach out now, just takes a quick PM or phone call now to any of the above people (or me).....trust me I think you will feel better for it.
    Munsey, Pengy, Beaker and 2 others like this.

I think one of the best things to do if possible, is to surround yourself with positive people. Even if you're feeling down, the fun, laughs and banter is an awesome pick me up. Negativity breeds negativity. There's a fella that's rings me up sometimes, and after hanging up, I'm almost buzzing.
    My late father in law used to hang an imaginary coat on the gatepost when entering the house for meals. It was his way of leaving the farm on the farm, and entered the house a different man. Now that I've sort off looking after, and trying to sort it all out, I can see why he wanted to leave it all out there.
    A day on the hill, with someone who can listen is great as well, plus the possibility of an animal. Being away for a day, feels like a weeks holiday sometimes.
    I'm available for a chat as well. Out of all the names here, there will be someone that ticks the right boxs for you. Swallow your pride, and reach out. No one thinks any less of you, the person you call feels good as well. They see things from a different angle, and could have the answer, or know someone that does.
    A problem shared, is a problem halved.
    Munsey, northdude and screamO like this.